• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Ohira ocher/renge suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16756

Reaction score
Ok listing this one for sale because it's got a lot of overlap with my other stones and I think people like Ohiras.

This is an Ohira ocher suita with renge which I picked up here. I personally feel like this stone is a bit on the harder side, I would rate it a 4 out of 5, maybe a 4+, water absorption is low-ish & requires minimal refreshing. This stone leaves a very, very, very nice edge. lots and lots of bite for the refinement, pretty much the typical Ohira suita. WRT polishing, I found that the stone had a few spots that ejected particles; after cleaning them all out I was able to get this stone to leave a nice but a more shiny finish, which reinforces my feeling that this stone is on the harder side. But yeah you need to be prepared if you polish with this stone that it takes patience and care & that over time you will have to clean out spots, too. I find sharpening feel is pretty good considering but I prefer very light pressure with this stone due to hardness. Speed is not the highest, but it's not bad considering the hardness/fineness and it's still a suita. I have slightly increased the chamfering on the edges.

This stone is 205x77x31mm and weighs in just over 1.23kg. Given the thickness and hardness, I think you could edge sharpen with this stone for a very long time.

Given that I will be keeping the atoma and the bit of inclusions, I would like $650 $575 inclusive for this stone for CONUS. If you want the Atoma or live in Canada please contact me via DM. Only trades Im interested in right now are other natural stones.

WIll combine with stones from other thread for discount

IMG_1614.JPG

Last edited:
Back