Ohira renge suita - fair price?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's no way to tell what's inside some stones, I had a perfectly looking Nakayama Maruka (no less) pop an inclusion out of nowhere after some lapping, there was no way to tell from the outside when I first got it.

Ofcourse is when you have tested the stone, not after a week or two.. The customer are not to lap it if there is stamps on it, Im just saying after a quick test run on a piece of steel to get a feel for it. It doesnt say the whole big deal, but you can get a feeling for it and quite fast realize if its good or not.
Any inclusions that show up after a while are hidden gems that no one can predict. I´ve hade those too and its not fun to have a really nice stone and one day there starts to be scratches on your knife :(

I´m really sorry for your Maruka !!! :(

I am in the same boat, trying to get my first jnat and scared already with all the options ou there, the different price ranges and the surprises you may get.

I am in the same boat, trying to get my first jnat and scared already with all the options ou there, the different price ranges and the surprises you may get.

Yes its a mess out there, my suggestion is to go with something from a seller from this forum or another forum, then you can have a first impression from the seller. Ebay and other markerplaces is like a minefield..

Back