• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Old Carbon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotedupy

Reaction score
Recently I've been enjoying doing up and giving a bit of care to some older unloved knives. And was wondering if anybody might have anything gathering dust that they don't have use for, or won't get round to cleaning up. Western or Japanese, with or without handle (I'd quite like to try my hand at making one too), dirt, rust, and bluntness positively encouraged!

Nothing too expensive please as unemployment during Covid is not doing wonders for the bank balance :/

(And just in case it needs to be said- I am not going to be trying to sell anything on for a profit, tho may give something away after restoring.)

I have a 240mm kiritsuke gyuto carbon without a handle if you’re interested

Am UK based and interested in a 240mm carbon for a beater and am very unfussy about blade profile and the like (or even timing) - would be more than glad to take this off your hands for a reasonable price if you're only in it for the restoration process!

Last edited:
Am UK based and interested in a 240mm carbon for a beater and am very unfussy about blade profile and the like (or even timing) - would be more than glad to take this off your hands for a reasonable price if you're only in it for the restoration process!

Ah it wasn't quite the kind of thing I was looking for, and slightly out of my budget for a project knife. But maybe contact your man above, he's done some work on it already and looks in very nice shape if you're up for making/buying a handle...

Was about to start a post looking for someone looking for this kind of thing, sent a pm.

Before admitting defeat am gonna give this a one time bump for not-too-expensive old carbon in a state of disrepair...

What’s your budget? And are you based in Australia or the UK? 😁

Ah yeah, good questions... I guess up to about 100USD, but the cheaper the better!

Based in Aus and will happily cover the cost of shipping, which isn't usually too much tho is taking a little while atm.

Back