Old Carborundum stones (Aus)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotedupy

Reaction score
Anybody want one? I have a load of old hardware-shop type stones that I got as part of a job lot because I wanted the Washita they came with. Some coarser, some finer, some combis, one of those ones that looks like a thin square stick whatever they're for, one's kinda wedge shaped. Should work well for heavy duty repairs, flattening stuff, &c.

One or more - free for the cost of shipping (10 or 12 bucks in Aus I think). Give a shout if anyone wants and I'll degrease and clean up a bit. May need flattening on a paving slab or something.

Ok guys, I know everybody was just waiting for pics of this unrivalled collection. Here you go... fill yer boots!

Though I will need your word of honour that nothing will 'flipped' and the proceeds used to see out your days on a private island, drowning in DRC, supermodels and cocaine.

IMG-1775.jpg

Good on you cotedupy.

I accepted a similar but smaller lot of carbos from a person in the U.S. and use them all the time for coarse work.

Ok guys, I know everybody was just waiting for pics of this unrivalled collection. Here you go... fill yer boots!

Though I will need your word of honour that nothing will 'flipped' and the proceeds used to see out your days on a private island, drowning in DRC, supermodels and cocaine.

View attachment 132249
Nice, but shipping to france is too expensive.

Good on you cotedupy.

I accepted a similar but smaller lot of carbos from a person in the U.S. and use them all the time for coarse work.

Same... they're really good stones for the kind of work they're good for in terms of kitchen knives :) The first stone I ever got was a Norton SiC combi, and still use it a lot for repairs, chips, edge setting &c. So will won't mind keeping some or all of these to add to that one... just possibly don't need them all!

Nice, but shipping to france is too expensive.

Yep... I think in Aus it might make sense if anyone fancies them, but anywhere else shipping would be probably more than the same thing(s) brand new.

Back