• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Old Model Masamoto Sohonten KS3124 Gyuto 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score
I'd love to buy a gently used old model Masamoto Sohonten KS3124 Gyuto 240mm in case someone is selling.

I'm new to the forum and keep seeing references to the old Masamoto KS profile. I'd love to get an old one just because I want to see the profile for myself, beyond photos. I understand the KS has been superseded by a number of better knives, but I haven't figured out which of these supposed better knives is a better reference point than an actual old Masamoto KS.

I just bought one on BST but the seller withdrew the sale, so am posting a WTB.

(Or, I could always just start a dozen threads regarding my questions about this knife...)

Last edited:
The profile is exactly the same for old and new. The side by side comparison of the two examples I have only show a small difference in terms of grind where old has a bit more convex and also better distal taper. Everything else is identical.

Yes I know for a fact the difference is minimal, but like you I want it in my hand to side by side the grinds etc.

Also I know for a fact the profile is slightly different depending on natch because some have a slight kick out on the heel and some have a small flat spot on the heel.

Back