• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Older gengetsu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
67D6C155-2268-4B9C-8C3D-42F604198968.jpeg
11BA5A21-ECA6-465A-95DA-B237BB4E31CB.jpeg
905E081E-F987-451D-8E1C-F8D03BD534BF.jpeg
This one was purchased new about 5 years ago. I managed to purchase it in pretty close to brand new condition just a couple of monthes ago. Comes with friction fit saya. Semi stainless, 240mm.
Paid $400 asking $340
It’s the one on the right in the first pic and the one on the left in the second pic. Nicest one I’ve found so far.

Man if only this was a 210....GLWS!

Are the high prices because the semistainless is currenty sold out at JKI? Or do you actually prefer the old version for some reason? Was kind of surprised, especially at the $400 figure, since the semistainless is $345 at JKI at the moment. (Not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand. I would prefer the W#2 for some reason, but if I didn’t, I’d be very happy to pay extra to get a semistainless one now vs later.)

I paid $400 for this one, the seller actually still had his invoice and showed it to me. It did cost $390ish new when he purchased it. That’s what I know for certain. This one does include a friction fit saya as all gengetsus used to include them which may explain some difference in price.

Price drop to $320. Shipped.
I’m a very motivated seller this week. Really need to sell this.
I’m open to offers, otherwise I’m dropping the price $10 everyday until it sells.

What are the differences between the new and old gengetsus?

For what it’s worth...gengetsu 240mm in semi now retails for $345 and that’s without saya. And they’re sold out. This one is very close to new condition even though it was purchased in 2014 or 2013. It’s a very niche thing.

Back