• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Omura, Ebisu, Aoto, and 2 Asano Nagura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRPV4

Reaction score
SOLD - Vintage Omura (Wakayama) 270mm x 75mm x 95mm 4500g $140 USD

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T7pacStA7SVQM8mAWyPeT_PfCIP73VYH?usp=sharing
Medium-hard rough stone (3.5/5) - Grit size = 400.

A very large and long omura, medium hardness and high cutting power. Recommend for wide and long single-bevel knife but also double-bevel for quick recovery on edge and initial cosmetic finishing (after the blade was finished by rough synthetic). Omura are usually priced between $80-120, but because this one is a stamped old stock (saw marks are preserved on the side) and relatively large in size, so the price will a tad higher than usual.

omura (5).jpg

Ebisu-to (stamped) 130mm x 45mm x 30mm $90 USD

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Zvjc9c_UHZkD9hQ5owY9L2CIFFMwX-_?usp=sharing
A very rare and uncommon stone in the market. However, because it is quite small in terms of size, I think it is more of a collector’s stone. But of course, it can also consider as a budget-oriented middle-grit stone for sharpening small knife and kiridashi.

By looking at its appearance, the ebisu shares a very similar appearance with the natsuya. And indeed, what they are trying to achieve in terms of cosmetic finish are pretty much the same, for they are trying to polish the cladding and steel into semi-mirror polish while preserving the whitish color for the cladding. For this ebisu, I would say it takes some time to accomplish this cosmetic finish. But due to time contraints, what I can achieve in a minute is only a partially done mirror polish. Furthermore, the consistency of the mirror polish has much room for improvement. And that is the reason why I would price it at such a low price. Because even though the stone does possess the same power that natsuya does, it demands more technique and time from the sharpener to achieve its full potential.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-09 at 19.53.43.jpeg

SOLD - Middle-Grit (Rough) - Soft Aoto (From Tanaka Toishi) 230mm x 65mm x 55mm $90 USD

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hkxByUV_OzPU7YoC_14q10TpcDszqT1M?usp=sharing
Very soft middle-grit stone (3/5) – Grit size = 800-1000. There are some lines on the stone surface, but since it is used primarily as the transition stone between rough and pre-finishing stone, and so those scratches can be easily clean up by higher grit stones. The purpose of this stone is to clean up the deep scratches made by the rough stone. And since this stone is very soft, you don't need to pay much attention to slurry, water, and pressure management. I would say, sharpening without slurry helps you erase initial scratches pattern, while sharpening with slurry (and keep breaking down the slurry's particles into finer pieces) helps you refine the smoothness of the edge. And so if you want to keep the cutting power at its highest level, I would recommend you to wash out the slurry whenever you feel they are getting thick in texture.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-09 at 19.53.43 (1).jpeg

SOLD - Asano stamped nagura (Koma) 65mm x 65mm x 15mm 160g $60 USD

koma (original).jpg

koma.jpg

Asano stamped nagura (Ban) 135mm x 45mm x 25mm 310g $40 USD

ban.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to say, this is a great seller. Prompt shipping, great communication, all that good stuff.

Would just like to add that this is a fantastic seller. I bought the omura and received it promptly. Great communication, stone came perfectly packed and exactly as described.

Is this one still available?

Asano stamped nagura (Ban) 135mm x 45mm x 25mm 310g $40 USD

Ban now sold sorry!

Last edited:
Back