On the bench, or what I am up to

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm In!
Thanks.

Man alive. I forget how gorgeous your hybrid handled gyutos are Del. Forget the wa gyuto on my wishlist. Still would love a wa suji because your petty's are top-notch, but on the list is definitely your hybrid handle gyuto. I should just put myself on your list now actually.

I'm in, I've always wanted a parer, a gyuto, a like knife, a nakiri, a spoon........

Cool, thanks! On the list for a line knife. Gyuto on the long-term wish list.

Stefan

I'm in - thanks Del!

Wishing for a suji or a line knife.

I want to buy a parer every time they are available. The line knife in stainless looks pretty great too!

Thank you Del.
Would really like a friend for the paring knife with snakewood handle that I picked up from you last year.
Anything in AEB-L will be wonderful: gyuto, line knife, santoku...

I am absolutely in!

Can't figure out how to post pics from my cell yet, but I love my Del gyuto and parers...

My gyuto is 01, so I'd love to try his aeb-l in a gyuto. I think I remember seeing some more western'ish handles from him, too....hmmmm. Or some damascus...how are you supposed to just choose one?

I am in. I have a parer and absolutely love it, but I do not have permission to post attachments yet. I would be a very happy man with any of your damascus in my hands. Thank you.

I'm in.

I don't have a Ealy knife, but I do have Ealy wedding rings:

ehR0j0X.jpg

I'd love to get a petty or suji. Ideally damascus.

Or a gyuto.

Or a line knife.

Or a nakiri.

Or a ...

Del, this is amazingly generous of you. Thanks for this. Sorry about the phone pic of the parer. Only half of the second knife is from Del, the other half is from Home Depot. A gyuto or line would be outstanding. -Doug

12832144845_3ac91cff48_o.jpg

Last edited:
Please add me in...

I love all the pictures! I haven't quite got the hang of posting images but my parer is looking forward to meeting it's big line knife brother... And wishing for a sister damascus gyuto.

Thanks Del, great and generous idea!

I'm in Del. This is a very generous offer. Received my parer yesterday and I'm very pleased with it:

IMG_20140227_171817.jpg

I had another snag with the spoons and rather than fret, I just changed gears again, and I'm working on the line knives for a bit.
Don't worry guys I'll get them to you.
The frustration I was feeling has turned into serious motivation on the line knives. I have a few partially ground now and I am planning to finish some over the weekend. I should be able to ship some of them on Monday or Tuesday.
In anticipation of that I will be sending out a few notices for final payment later, so when they are finished I can box them up and ship with no delay.
Thanks for posting the pics guys I am enjoying seeing the knives again.
Del

I'm in.

I don't have an Ealy knife, yet. I did preorder a line knife and would love to get another to give to a friend.

I'm in unfortunately no early yet but I would love a Damascus suji some day when I can afford it

I'm in. Would like to get my hands on a Wa-Petty or a Gyuto some day. Thanks for offering up this great opportunity to own one of your knives.

I'm in- I don't have an Ealy yet, but am eagerly anticipating a Damascus line knife from the prebuy thread that I've signed up for. I'd love to get a hybrid gyuto/suji with that Ealy character, either in stainless or Damascus.

Just gorgeous knives Del!

I'm in. I took pics of my wife's parer but for some reason am not allowed to post pictures in this forum.

I couldn't directly post my picture from my computer, I had to go through photobucket to make it work

Of course I'm in. I'll take some pics of my new parer tomorrow and edit this post with them. Thanks Del.

I'm in!

Shot of a couple of Del's knives that were bought by other forum members + a couple of damacus spoons, damascus fish tongs and a Cheetah-pattern damascus knife that lives at my house. A petty and a couple parers were recently added to keep them company :cool2: Home cooks (me and the Mrs)
View attachment 22480

My trio. All are great cutters and a lot of fun! Beautiful designs too!
20140302_163501.jpg

Back