One Favorite Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Del Ealy 210. My first "custom" that Del built to "spec".
I admit that it doesn't get used much as a beater, only because when I break this guy out I spend more time admiring it then actually working.

100_1098_zpsb7757f1a.jpg

Any noticeable difference between the Gesshin Heiji and non-Gesshin Heiji? (I think I remember reading that you had tried/owned both)

My Heiji is definitely my favorite so far, but I'm no pro and I haven't tried all that many.

Del Ealy 210. My first "custom" that Del built to "spec".
I admit that it doesn't get used much as a beater, only because when I break this guy out I spend more time admiring it then actually working.

100_1098_zpsb7757f1a.jpg

Very nice! I like the location of this plunge line, and the handle looks great with the dammy.

Any noticeable difference between the Gesshin Heiji and non-Gesshin Heiji? (I think I remember reading that you had tried/owned both)

My Heiji is definitely my favorite so far, but I'm no pro and I haven't tried all that many.

I have both, though the non Gesshin is carbon. The Gesshin knives have better fit and finish and are more consistent.

Rader Wa-gyuto, 52100, pic from about a year ago when it was new.

And this pic more recently:

Takeo Murata 165mm Nakiri
s20f.png

Definitely not a fancy-schmancy custom, but very thin behind the edge and my first carbon knife!

First time I hear of this maker, could you tell us where you found it?

Toss up between dt itk in aebl, rehandled tanaka blue 2 Damascus, and rehandled misono dragon. All gyutos. Favorite slicer is the mike Davis suji. Slicer perfection.

Looking at the 210 in that series.nice looking blade, personally I like the drop nose gyuto's.

That's a good one! I love the grind on it. My only complaint is the lacquer coating, but that's to be expected. Nothing sandpaper can't fix.

Gee, where have I been on this one?

Please forgive the hubris.

The "best" knife. There is more to a knife that meets the eye.
Folks that know me will find this as no surprise. Mizuno Tanrenjo suminigashi.
I've bought and sold a lot of knives from the best. I will never sell this knife.

I believe it's one of those things where you say to a Master, "make me something great". You know what you're going to get. My knife was that knife.

And Mr. Bob Kramer still has a lot to learn.

My favorite knife has to be my masamoto ks. I dont know why but everytime im in the **** I grab it and know it will get me through. I think i really like it because it is light, feels solid and sharpens stupidly sharp with almost no effort at all. I have more expensive knives and "better" knives which cut better for specific tasks but the ks is like my best friend, its there when I need it and will do what ever I need.

Back