One Nakiri to rule them all.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone please PM me his email address? I'm going to try emailing directly instead of going through the contact form on the website. Thank you

Couple of question on your knife. First, when I look at the website, it shows steel as being stainless but then below the steel listing it says iron Japanese. Is this the cladding that is iron? Also, you said you orderd a 210mm but I don't see an option for that size. Did you special order that size? He seems to list two different Nakiris and am wondering if the difference is primarily the finish and handles?

I got mine used, but I have been in contact with them regarding a new knife. The semi stainless is clad in stainless, the iwasaki/swedish steel is clad in soft iron/japanese iron. Those are the two that they offer as stock options. You have to talk to them bout the size, although I dont think it should be an issue, just costs more. They have a few handle options, but the burnt chestnut (available in D and octo) are my favourites.

Could someone please PM me his email address? I'm going to try emailing directly instead of going through the contact form on the website. Thank you

Also be aware it is holiday in Japan right now (Obon?) So they may not reply immediately

I got mine used, but I have been in contact with them regarding a new knife. The semi stainless is clad in stainless, the iwasaki/swedish steel is clad in soft iron/japanese iron. Those are the two that they offer as stock options. You have to talk to them bout the size, although I dont think it should be an issue, just costs more. They have a few handle options, but the burnt chestnut (available in D and octo) are my favourites.

Also be aware it is holiday in Japan right now (Obon?) So they may not reply immediately
Thanks. He doesn't list the semi stainless on his site for nakiris

@Xenif what are his handle options? I think I'll shoot him an email when I'm back from vacation, but it's good to know my options now :)

I recently had a Yoshimune by Kawamura in the shop. Stainless clad carbon. I was very impressed with it. Terrific value, and terrific grind. I also like the aesthetic of his "hammer" style finish. I have handled a santoku and gyuto from him, and was also impressed, but the nakiri was a pure cutter.

Back