Media Onion

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Batali is embarrassed at all. I am sure he not embarrassed at all when he deposits the large checks he garners in the bank. Plus orange crocs, come on! The man has no shame!:chin:

But anyway I will leave the fast chopping to the pros. Perhaps we will find a challenger in our ranks.

Were their pieces uniform? The first guy's seemed all over the place.

The Spoon University video at the end of the article... o_O

Here's an old vid.
Though he does 1 more onion than me, I make twice the cuts creating much thinner slices.
[video=youtube;ke_V8z_sdek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke_V8z_sdek[/video]

Excellent video Theory. I am not ashamed to admit that your speed and confidence with a knife surpasses mine.

There comes a point (for me) where additional speed increases risk exponentially. That said I wasn't super impresses with the original onion chopping videos in this thread. Nowhere near find enough. For a fine chop I am expecting transparent slices, not big chunks!

I'm pretty sure the prep guys at these dudes restaurants are the onion slayers, and probably with $40 knives too.

What like about theory's is he cants the knife with the curve of the onion. I used to scream at the salad monkeys for having the think pieces at the start and stop.

What like about theory's is he cants the knife with the curve of the onion. I used to scream at the salad monkeys for having the think pieces at the start and stop.

This!

Leave it to Rick to resurrect that video... but wasn't there a kkf challenge with a bunch of our members participating?

Yeah but it never really panned out.

Back