opps!! i may have just accidentally hit "DELETE ALL" in my work inbox.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i just looked at all my unread emails. hundreds of them. most of them are unread because they have some topic that doesnt concern me. "MOST" of them.

i just did it. cleared them all out...kinda liberating. i'll get the follow up emails soon that i will get right on them.

My workflow at work:
- Create a search folder that show all unread emails.
- At the beginning of each day, deal with everything from overnite - deal with it, or mark it read if unimportant.
- Keep on the folder all day.
- Leave the office everyday with zero unread
- repeat.

I gotta clean out my personal Gmail. 50,000 unread messages. 92% full. I've done a few purges over the years but I've had it since 2005 or so. Got it when you still needed an invite to get in.

GREAT action man! good riddance of mostly fluff!

I did something similar a few years ago, upon return from a brief vacation...My inbox was blocked as it was chock full, so I was going to move the content of th inbox to a sub folder which would allow me to get the rest in and send emails again.... I somehow dragged and dropped the content in cyberspace effectively obliterating all 700+ emails...IT could not retrieve the content in any way.

The great thing was...out of 700+ emails I only received like 10 follow up messages asking me to respond....exactly because it is technically possible the email culture has evolved into 'let's copy everyone who MIGHT ever want or need to know' ...a trait augmented by the US corporate culture where a manager is expected to have all the tiniest details at their fingertips at all times since trust in employees is shocking low.

GREAT action man! good riddance of mostly fluff!

I did something similar a few years ago, upon return from a brief vacation...My inbox was blocked as it was chock full, so I was going to move the content of th inbox to a sub folder which would allow me to get the rest in and send emails again.... I somehow dragged and dropped the content in cyberspace effectively obliterating all 700+ emails...IT could not retrieve the content in any way.

The great thing was...out of 700+ emails I only received like 10 follow up messages asking me to respond....exactly because it is technically possible the email culture has evolved into 'let's copy everyone who MIGHT ever want or need to know' ...a trait augmented by the US corporate culture where a manager is expected to have all the tiniest details at their fingertips at all times since trust in employees is shocking low.
hahha..i have two follow up to date. two!!! nobody else cared.

Back