• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn left handed Watanabe 150mm Kaisaki (single bevel petty) -last price drop-

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this knife from Watanabe a few months ago but am not using it much. It is a custom blade as I requested it with a slightly taller heel height of 35mm to make it basically a single bevel petty. The finish is very rustic as I asked for a hammer finished kurouchi blade. I have initially sharpened it and it saw some use but not a lot. There is a slight chip in the cutting edge from hitting the vice in my workshop after sharpening but it is very minor, doesn’t really affect performance in any way and will be gone after the next one or two sharpenings.

The knife is made of white#2 with iron cladding. The handle is octagonal burnt chestnut. It’s not the most beautiful handle out there but the very slim size fits the blade well and gives a little extra knuckle clearance.

I‘m not at home at the moment so pictures and detailed specs will follow later today. For now here is the link to my post in the newest knife buy thread: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/index.php?posts/605623/

The knife cost me about 350€, I am looking for 300€ (~335$) including shipping in Europe, for international I will cover the first 15$ (usually that’s more than 50% depending on your location). It will ship fully insured in a box which is not the original one as that one was really crappy and I threw it away.

For any questions just contact me anytime.

Last edited:
As promised the additional pictures:
IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

The ura is a little uneven but it was already like that when I got it
IMG_5224.jpg

Tried to capture the nick in the blade but that’s not easy as it’s so small
IMG_5226.jpg

There are some coarse scratches in the finish from a stray particle shed by a finger stone. One of them is pretty deep. I could take them out if needed but that would involve using a somewhat coarse stone so I would rather not do it. The next sharpening will take care of all scratches anyway.

Took a few more pictures yesterday and thought I‘d put them up as well.
I have polished the bevel a bit to get rid of most of the scratches from the fingerstone. Also there is some patina on the ura now as I have been using the knife during the past weeks.
IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5406.jpg
IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg

Back