• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Or WTS Ashi honyaki 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
want to trade my ashi honyaki 240 gyuto. Brandnew never sharpened. But i did etch it to reveal the bandings a bit. Wasnt really visible when i first got it. Im looking for a genkai masakuni sakimaru takobiki or yanagi with sanbon sugi hamon + cash depending on length and condition. Also an okishiba(trying my luck). There are some marks on the handle that werent grinded properly but not really that bad(refer to pics). Pins are nice and flush to the wood. Thanks for looking

Also interested in a Keijiro doi honyaki. I was told he has made honyakis but very rare.

Can I just ask, who told you that? just curious

From a friend. And i remember someone from this forum said that he has one but cant remember who it is. It was when i posted a wtb thread for it

Last edited:
thats what i thought too. Never even seen one in pictures. Just trying my luck here if it is true

From a couple people I trust in Japan- they’ve seen them. Though usually only in a display / museum setting.

So they’re out there.

Willing to do a straight swap with a 390(or longer?) genkai yanagi/takobiki with a normal wavy hamon or sanbon sugi. Not really interested in mt fujis

Yeah why not. If theres a normal wavy hamon of it or sanbon sugi id be interested even trade 2 ashis for it.

Well i do have another one. But to be honest. I was a bit disappointed with the hamon when i etched. As much as i like its unique shape and thiness. Not much extra details unlike genkais.. ive seen better hamons from older shirakis but its just what im looking forright now and it may not apply to someones elses taste.

Last edited:
Back