SOLD Or WTS Ashi honyaki 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
want to trade my ashi honyaki 240 gyuto. Brandnew never sharpened. But i did etch it to reveal the bandings a bit. Wasnt really visible when i first got it. Im looking for a genkai masakuni sakimaru takobiki or yanagi with sanbon sugi hamon + cash depending on length and condition. Also an okishiba(trying my luck). There are some marks on the handle that werent grinded properly but not really that bad(refer to pics). Pins are nice and flush to the wood. Thanks for looking

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Also interested in a Keijiro doi honyaki. I was told he has made honyakis but very rare.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Can I just ask, who told you that? just curious
From a friend. And i remember someone from this forum said that he has one but cant remember who it is. It was when i posted a wtb thread for it

Last edited:

ynot1985

Reaction score
From a friend. And i remember someone from this forum said that he has one but can remember who it is. It was when i posted a wtb thread for it
Just interesting cause I have also heard from people that say that Doi has never made Honyakis

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
thats what i thought too. Never even seen one in pictures. Just trying my luck here if it is true

Omega

Reaction score
From a couple people I trust in Japan- they’ve seen them. Though usually only in a display / museum setting.

So they’re out there.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Willing to do a straight swap with a 390(or longer?) genkai yanagi/takobiki with a normal wavy hamon or sanbon sugi. Not really interested in mt fujis

ynot1985

Reaction score
Might as well aim for genkai honyaki meguro .. they exist too[emoji23]

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Yeah why not. If theres a normal wavy hamon of it or sanbon sugi id be interested even trade 2 ashis for it.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Well i do have another one. But to be honest. I was a bit disappointed with the hamon when i etched. As much as i like its unique shape and thiness. Not much extra details unlike genkais.. ive seen better hamons from older shirakis but its just what im looking forright now and it may not apply to someones elses taste.

Last edited:

ashy2classy

Reaction score
Totally missed that. I scanned every post but overlooked that one. Congrats on the sale!