• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD or WTT Shigefusa 240mm Kasumi Wa-Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all,

For sale or Trade is a 240mm Shig gyuto in Kasumi finish with Magnolia D righty handle and friction fit saya.

This knife has seen VERY light use by previous owner and has been sharpened by Kiya in Tokyo. Has not been used since it came in.

I got this from forum member Neko on BST a while ago: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/shigefusa-gyuto-kasumi-240mm.36970/

Selling because I was able source another 240mm Kasumi that is a little heavier and with a slightly thicker spine, which I prefer.

Paid $935 all-in. Asking $925 shipped and Paypal'd in the USA.

Open to trades offers, please PM.

Thank you!

Current pics:
IMG_1243 by pedrito92, on Flickr
IMG_1244 by pedrito92, on Flickr
IMG_1242 by pedrito92, on Flickr

(*Foot not included in sale lol)

Probably gonna get picked up before this is answered, but do you have the weight?

I’d scoop this up if I didn’t just buy one NIB. Hard knife to find.

Tricks? No tricks here. Anyone is welcome to PM Neko to verify I was the one who purchased his knife and that it was purchased at full asking price. I also purchased kedrikec's knife at full asking price, and am keeping that one as I prefer its balance and weight.

IMG_1292 by pedrito92, on Flickr

One for sale is one on the left.

IMG_1293 by pedrito92, on Flickr

As is clearly obvious, the kanji is differently styled on the two knives.

Anyone is welcome to compare the knives to the pictures from the previous sale threads I purchased from.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion anyone might have as to the provenance and the prices I paid for each article.

Just confirming Pete purchased this Shig at full asking price.

Congrats to the buyer, this knife is an awesome cutter. It's slightly thinner, more agile and is a far better performer in my view. Should be called the Shig Kasumi GT3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back