Osaka Drinking Chronicles

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by osakajoe, Jul 23, 2019.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Aug 16, 2019 #31

osakajoe

osakajoe

osakajoe

If you’re in the mood for a nicer restaurant and in the Sakai-suji Honmachi area try Sushi Yujiro. Edo-mae style sushi and I suggest you make a reservation. Staff seems English friendly but switch to Japanese once I speak. There is a course or a la carte. Wife’s birthday so two people spent about 22,000 Yen on dinner and many drinks. We didn’t do course.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

labor of love likes this.
  2. Aug 16, 2019 #32

osakajoe

osakajoe

osakajoe

A station south in Nagahori bashi there is a standing I go to called Juggler. Good nihonshu and matching food.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hadn’t had a corona in ages so chased my nihonshu with that.

valgard likes this.
  3. Aug 16, 2019 #33

bahamaroot

bahamaroot

bahamaroot

I think you spend on booze what I make in a year. o_O:D Fun following your adventures!

4. Aug 17, 2019 #34

osakajoe

osakajoe

osakajoe

You better go demand a raise then because I probably don’t spend that much on drinks hahaha

I’d say anywhere from 30,000 - 60,000 a month on going out for drinks (I also treat others). As stated before, married with no kids and both of us work. So I can budget it after bills, savings, and essentials. Also don’t need a car where I live and can bike and walk most places.

May seem like it’s a lot but most of these places drinks range around 350-450 yen. And if I really want to go deep there’s an all you can drink and eat Korean bbq nearby for 3,500 yen. I can usually drink 9-11 highballs in the time limit.

bahamaroot likes this.