Quantcast

Participation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute to mention how thankful I am to have you all here participating at KKF. Your presence, and frequent posting, is vital for the growth of this forum.

On a side note, please feel free to help promote the site by back-linking to us from your websites, Facebook pages, and blogs. Adding links to KKF from these outside sources helps to complete a loop that search engines find vital in ranking us for submission. This also will serve to help your sites and business be found as well, so it's a win/win for everybody.

Thanks,
Dave :)

Delbert Ealy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Something I wanted to mention that a friend of mine brought up.
We seem to have attracted a good portion of the regulars of KF, but the flood has slowed and although we get a few joining every day still, some are not regular posters. I noticed the "active members" line is now gone at the bottom of the screen, but the last time I saw it(I think it was when we first hit 500) it listed 356 or so. I don't know what the time duration the forum calculates to make you an inactive member, but I'm guessing its 3 weeks or maybe 4.
So my question is how do we pick up some new blood as well as getting current members(lurkers) to participate.
This has been on my mind for a few days, just wondering if any of you have thoughts.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Your timing is so good Del, I was just thinking about this the last few days myself.

Jim

Reaction score
Part of the answer is in Dave's first-
Cross and back linking are crucial to grow the forum. Links from any place on the web are helpful.

WillC

Reaction score
I'm really happy to be part of this place its fantastic. I think in terms of expanding the market as well as the usual web thing, links, facebook, twitter, you tube etc. There is a huge home chef market out there. I plan on doing some of the uk food shows in the summer. I would bet that I would be the only person with hand made knives at one of these. I will certainly be promoting KKF in some way at these, weather it be a suggested site on my flyer. Or If KKF had there own flyer made I would happily distribute that. Maybe the food shows could be a great source of new custom users. I think many find custom prices prohibitive to start with but a place like this really shows people that pricing is fair justified and the benefits etc. KKF could do a stand at some of the u.s. shows with participating makers and vendors. Could be a good thing on many levels.
Just thinking aloud like. Looking forward to getting to know you all:biggrin:

Mike Davis

Reaction score
Dave, i think you need to make a KKF Advertisement that us vendors can copy and post to places like Facebook, Twitter, our websites etc. I currently have my website guy asking me if he can use the header from the forums to make a clickable link for my site. I think that would be a great way to back link. Justmy opinion here, and thank you Dave for making it possible for us all to play here :)

Mike

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
A KKF table at a show is an interesting idea that we might have to talk about in the future.

Here's a banner that we had made that smaller in size than the header used on the forum. Click on the thumbnail for the real sized image, don't use the thumbnail.

KKFlogo4resized.png

I'm glad that you guys are getting good use out of the forum. :)

Mike Davis

Reaction score
I got all the links fixed on my site, i will make this a banner on there, just have to convert to a html code...SHould be done today :)