Pasta - first try.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peco

Banned
Reaction score
Home alone so I played around a little. Made some pastarolls for lunch ... they were good, but need some refinement.

lunch.jpg

Wow! Those are beautiful. I bet they were deeeelish

Home alone so I played around a little. Made some pastarolls for lunch ... they were good, but need some refinement.

lunch.jpg

Damn thought I was on the wrong site. Looks like the cover shot for Bon Appetite. Amazing!

Filling is ricotta mixed with chives, tarragon, thyme, parmasan, egg yolk, salt and peber. Sauce is browned butter mixed with soysauce and balsamic vinegar.

Thanks

Filling is ricotta mixed with chives, tarragon, thyme, parmasan, egg yolk, salt and peber. Sauce is browned butter mixed with soysauce and balsamic vinegar.

Your welcome. Thanks for posting the recipe. Nice plating and photography.

If you made that for lunch, what did you have for dinner?

How'd ya make the pasta....please

There are tons of suggestions on google - easier to do a search :D

Nice done Peco. :doublethumbsup: Picture looks also great !!

Peco. :hungry: Mmmm Mmmmmmm good looking lunch! Great pictures and presentation.. :doublethumbsup:

Excellent presentation.

What exactly do you have to refine? The learning curve on fresh pasta is pretty quick.

That's a FIRST try? It looks and sounds fabulous.

Flavors ...
So which part of it worked vs did not work? The manicotti filling sounds spot-on, but I'll admit I've never had any with a sauce other then tomato sauce. Browned butter seems like it would work ok, but curious how the soy and balsalmic vinegar affected things. I like the mushrooms -- seems like a good addition.

Flavors aside, that photo should be on the cover of a cooking magazine :hungry:

The combo of flavors was 1 huge umami bomb ... could use some additional acidity and maybe a little sweetness. Sauce was good but need some refinement - a little "heavy".

Thanks for the kind words - an iphone did the trick - who said iphonecams sucks :D

Well played sir! I know it has been stated a few times before but I absolutely love the presentation.

It seems the "flavor" problem has nothing to do with the pasta itself, but how was prepared.

Making good, light pasta is pretty simple and it seems like you nailed it.

Most any manicotti with a cheese filling is going to be relatively heavy and unami no matter how thin you make the pasta.

That looks awesome!

What did you feel like needed refinement?

It seems the "flavor" problem has nothing to do with the pasta itself, but how was prepared.

Making good, light pasta is pretty simple and it seems like you nailed it.

Most any manicotti with a cheese filling is going to be relatively heavy and unami no matter how thin you make the pasta.

Exactly, has nothing to do with the pasta!

Cool Peco :) Nice plate and dish, love it.

I guess the Italians guests was great inspiration, they inspired me :)

Back