Pasta Machines

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodine

Reaction score
So, being a home cook I have always used packaged pasta. Last night I got a wild hair and decided to make my own.
Was a success, BUT, cutting it to the proper size is somewhat difficult. So now I am thinking pasta machine.
Hand crank is fine, price is not important, just want a good one that cleans easily.
Suggestions please.

Marcato Atlas is the canonical hand crank suggestion, I think. Don’t go cheaper. I did once and regretted it... the pasta stuck to the machine and it just felt cheap.

Nowadays I use the Kitchenaid attachment, though, which can be convenient since it doesn’t require one of your hands to crank.

I have a Marcato Atlas 150 and we use it often. Never cleaned it once. If you need to clean it then you are definitely doing something wrong.

Marcato atlas 180 here. Worth every penny and makes beautiful even pasta.

I've used both the Kitchenaid attachment and the Atlas (with and without motor) commercially. The Kitchenaid had been in service for a couple years before I got there and the indexing part of the sheeter broke. No more pasta. I replaced it with an Atlas - I had used one previously and it would be the one I would buy were I buying 2day. Still working as far as I know.

Back