Perfect slices every time!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
chop-it-r1.jpg

It should have a warning to delicate females - Caution: manly hands might result from all the grip exercise (especially once blunt)

Erm, isn't that almost more effort than using a knife?

Mind you, it could be less washing up if you buy pre peeled pineapple, but at that point you may as well buy it pre sliced as well

This is something that got washed up on the shores of "almost something for folks with motoric issues" but to be honest it looks like it came in short in that department aswell...

When it comes ****** kitchen utensils people buy this one is a favourite of mine :
dsc_0554.jpg

*** did someone design an object that is more shite than a spoon with non slip handles???

I'm a bit surprised this doesn't have the Swiffer name on it ;)_

Why are you guys so negative? I see an opportunity for our knife makers; the Bob Kramers of fruit scissors! BTW, a woman with strong hands - what's your point?

I think the point is that female hands are considered to be dainty and small if they are to be beautiful (I know I've mangled that sentence but I think it gets the point across)

I think the point is that female hands are considered to be dainty and small if they are to be beautiful (I know I've mangled that sentence but I think it gets the point across)

Bah. Depends on your taste in females. If you want a telemarketer's image of a "perfect" high-maintenance woman who's afraid to do anything because she might snag a nail, perhaps. My husband finds my stumpy, wrinkled, scarred, calloused and often smelling of garlic capable hands beautiful.

That said, I don't think my hands could span the grip on that thing. The hand in the photo looks stretched, and he's part way into the cut.

Well the fashion industry and stereo types really don't know what they're on about (IMHO)

The women are all too skinny, air brushing is rampant, and stereotypes like the one I just posted abound... So what else is new in the world?

The scissors are ridiculous but the avocado thing... Horrible.:spankarse:

This is something that got washed up on the shores of "almost something for folks with motoric issues" but to be honest it looks like it came in short in that department aswell...

When it comes ****** kitchen utensils people buy this one is a favourite of mine :
dsc_0554.jpg

Dude, I gotta have one! Just as soon as I finish paying off my laser nose hair removal device...:lmao:

The scissors, while painful to look at and 100% absurd, I get.

The avocado thing...that I don't get at all.

Are the scissors a convenience thing or a safety thing because knives are "dangerous"?

Maybe we can design a cutting board with a build in knife? Like those paper cutters?

cutter-paper-pictures.jpg

I think we're on to something. Now to make it serrated and have the blade heat up, so we can cut and toast bread at the same time.

I honestly think you could sell a few paper cutters to people for kitchen use with the right advertising. You may have something here Don. ;)

looking more at the hands in the scissors pic. I think there is a man holding them and a woman holding the pineapple. They do that many times. so you get people like my mom with fibromyalga thinking that it would be great for her.

Maybe we can design a cutting board with a build in knife? Like those paper cutters?

I think we're on to something. Now to make it serrated and have the blade heat up, so we can cut and toast bread at the same time.

I have absolutely no doubt that you could sell something like that. Remember, someone made millions selling Pet Rocks.

All I can think of is... Goodfellas (?) and the scene with the cigar cutter.

That's it. I'm making one.

Tilt a mandolin on its side, or tweak a proscuitto slicer and its already done. Just build some safety device (read: hard to clean stupid acrylic bits) into either of those two (home and heavy duty) and you've got a winner

Both of these ****** items are awesome. I'm still amazed at all the people who use those chopper thingys with the clear cup on the bottom and the plunger thing you push. Now I have some new toys to add to the list. :)

That's one of the stupides things I have seen in a while...

Stefan

I want to use it to mince some garlic!

Back