Quantcast

Personal Message

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
The message box can only take 50 messages. So what happens to mails if my box is full, I sent a mail to day and found out my box was full later. Did it go through?

What happens if somebody tries to reach me? will the messages be restored and sent to me when I emty my messagebox?

I liked the personal message system at KF far better. Can we have one of those instead of what we have to day?

Jim

Reaction score
The software for the PM system is packaged with the VB software and is mostly static. If your mailbox is full the sender will get a message to that effect.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another personal mail issue. It says I can have 50 messages but when I hit 21 messages it says it is full and won't let me send messages anymore. Even the colored status bar shows I have space.

k.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another personal mail issue. It says I can have 50 messages but when I hit 21 messages it says it is full and won't let me send messages anymore. Even the colored status bar shows I have space.

k.
I can't send a PM to you about the paring knife. The forum software says your box is full.

I'm having to download my old messages and delete to make space, myself.

BTW, it's a 3.5 inch.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score

k.

Hi Karring,
I double checked on the back end and the system says that you have 50 messages saved. This number includes sent messages as well as received.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
BTW, while we're on this subject.... I've been looking into changes and upgrades for the PM system because I sort of dislike the default layout. I'm hesitant to make any changes to the current permissions until I figure out what I'm going to do with this issue as a whole.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Karring,
Ok, I figured out where I could see the saved messages and deleted them. You were right Dave. Things on track again, just wasn't used to navigating that page as I don't use it all that much.

k.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
BTW, while we're on this subject.... I've been looking into changes and upgrades for the PM system because I sort of dislike the default layout. I'm hesitant to make any changes to the current permissions until I figure out what I'm going to do with this issue as a whole.
I do like "threaded" private messages, so you can see all the previous messages sent and received in the conversation, rather than having to keep going to back to your sent folder and inbox.

Jim

Reaction score
We can only provide what the software has built in, unfortunately this is it.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
I agree that threaded PM's are better, that's what I hope to change to, but it doesn;t seem to be something that the software people have deemed important. I already have nearly 500 (inbox) PM's myself....imagine trying to find something in that mess.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
The official word on this is that the default PM system is the only thing that's available with the software. Apparently there's been a huge movement to push the software company to change this but they haven't done so for whatever reason. Bummer.