Petr's kitchen knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petr

Reaction score
Hello everybody! my name is Peter, I'm from Russia . I like to make kitchen knives, I have already shown some of my work, so as not to breed a lot of topics, I will exhibit them in one place.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

I want to show you another Japanese-style work. It will be interesting to hear your opinion. Blade from n690 Hrc 62. The size of the blade is 220mmh52mm. The reduction of 0.05 mm. The slopes are asymmetric . The right descent has a concave lens at 2/3, a convex lens at 1/3. The left descent has a very weakly expressed concave-convex lens. The handle is made of snakewood and Melchior.
DSC01706.jpg
DSC01647.jpg
DSC01648.jpg
DSC01654.jpg
DSC016531.jpg
DSC01659.jpg
DSC01667.jpg
DSC01672.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01673.jpg
    DSC01673.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01678.jpg
    DSC01678.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi guys! I recently finished a small knife in the Japanese style. Steel N690 , 190x40x2,7 Hrc 63 , s-grind on both sides. The handle is stabilized Karelian birch.
Основа.jpg
осн.jpg
основ.jpg
ос.jpg

Very nice Petr! Lovely, clean, designs :).

The fit on some of your handles I find particularly impressive too. What shape tangs do you use?

Very clean work with beautiful handles. How do you get the coloring on the maple? Are you using a type of stain?

I’m really glad I asked. I wouldn’t have thought of doing that. I understand you can use the liquid for stabilizing wood over and over? If you add dye to it you would limit its use I suppose? It sure gives the wood a nice look though.

If you add dye to it you would limit its use I suppose?

Two-component impregnating compound: resin and hardener. Immediate impregnation is prepared before use, activation is by heating. If you need to paint, then dye is added.

Back