• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Hinoura 150mm Petty / Mini-gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tostadas

Hobbyist / Craftsman
Reaction score
These 2 have barely seen any use since I got them, so maybe someone else can find better use for em. Will also include the "custom" friction fit cardboard sayas I made.

Brand NEW Hinoura 150mm (Hitohira Hinode) - $135 $125 SOLD
Unused, never sharpened
158x38mm, 98g, 3.3mm thickness over heel
White#2, iron clad, Ho wood and horn oval handle

Kaeru 90mm Petty - $90 $75 SOLD
Used twice to cut up some strawberries, never sharpened
93x26mm, 43g, 2mm thickness over heel
SLD, Ho wood and horn D handle

Hinoura
a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

Kaeru
b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Last edited:
Kaeru is sold.

Hinoura petty/mini-gyuto is still available. Brand New!

This is the reactive cladding or the stainless?
This one is the iron clad based on the label. However I have not used the knife to confirm whether that is correct. I've bought from trusted vendors previously who have listed incorrect info.

Don't sleep on this little guy! Hinoura's white #2 is in the top tier of heat treatments, and I have a petty of his in the same profile and it's a total shallot daddy.

Don't sleep on this little guy! Hinoura's white #2 is in the top tier of heat treatments, and I have a petty of his in the same profile and it's a total shallot daddy.
Yep, and his knives are fun to polish as well. I originally picked up this one for the purpose of playing with the finish, but too many other projects in the queue and never got around to it.

Back