Pic/Image Hosting Sites?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumbleHomeCook

Embrace your knifesculinity!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy KKF,

I'm on my second round of issues with Imgur in a couple months and in between the events it has continued experiencing annoying but workable issues.

Photoshop is out. I signed up a Flickr account. I need to play with it but my quick test with posting to the forum displayed black bars top and bottom and arrows on each side. Maybe there's a method to eliminate that?

I like the clean, nice image display of a site like Imgur. Any other decent options out there?

Yes, you can just hit "attach files" and upload directly to the post.

I know that's an option.

What I typically do is upload to a hosting site from my phone and then post to the forum via my laptop from the hosting site. By having it on a hosting site I can access the images from any device.

Ah, I see. I use iCloud to sync my photos over multiple devices. I'll assume you're on a different OS, but I imagine they'd also have native image syncing of some sort. Hope you find a good solution!

FWIW, I'm lazy and will hardly ever click on an Imgur link on the forums. Down with links.

Yep, Android.

When I post from Imgur, you don't have to click the link. The image just shows up.

Reactions: ian
KKF has pretty generous image hosting. i really suggest using that if possible because it fights asset rot. don't be fooled. there's no such thing as free, and you can't count on an external image host to keep your content alive. this has already happened with imageshack, photobucket, and who knows what else.

imgur is getting stingier and stingier. it's not a question of if everything you put on imgur will die. more like when.

nothing more annoying than dead pics when trying to learn something from an old thread.

if you keep your pics on KKF, then at least they will probably survive until KKF dies. i guess they don't need to last longer than that.

occasionally, i'll also share a link to a higher-res image on imgbb. but i try to have the pic hosted on kkf (or whatever forum) as well.

KKF has pretty generous image hosting. i really suggest using that if possible because it fights asset rot. don't be fooled. there's no such thing as free, and you can't count on an external image host to keep your content alive. this has already happened with imageshack, photobucket, and who knows what else.

imgur is getting stingier and stingier. it's not a question of if everything you put on imgur will die. more like when.

nothing more annoying than dead pics when trying to learn something from an old thread.

if you keep your pics on KKF, then at least they will probably survive until KKF dies. i guess they don't need to last longer than that.

occasionally, i'll also share a link to a higher-res image on imgbb. but i try to have the pic hosted on kkf (or whatever forum) as well.

Yeah, Photobucket screwed me hard when they up and got in bed with Satan out of nowhere. I lost soooo many images. I learned that lesson and won't repeat it.

Maybe the path forward is take pics on phone, transfer to laptop, upload direct.

that's what i do, but i hate smartphones and try to only use them when a pc is not nearby.

pretty sure you can upload direct to kkf from phone if you wanted though.

What's the recommended way to upload video to kkf? I've been using imgur mostly because it plays automatically and if I upload directly to kkf it requires people to download the video to view it. Is there a better way?

What's the recommended way to upload video to kkf? I've been using imgur mostly because it plays automatically and if I upload directly to kkf it requires people to download the video to view it. Is there a better way?
Embedded YouTube. Limitations on imgur annoyed me too much.

Insert the video into the post. Otherwise YouTube works good.

I've been using Flickr, you just use a small portion of the code that you copy, its the section from https to jpg no parenthesis.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52613474359_cf626fb415_c.jpg
52613474359_cf626fb415_c.jpg

I've been using Flickr, you just use a small portion of the code that you copy, its the section from https to jpg no parenthesis.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52613474359_cf626fb415_c.jpg
52613474359_cf626fb415_c.jpg

Yep I understand the how for Flickr. I've been using it for a couple years but lately I've had issues. First it stopped letting me edit and then stopped letting me upload from my phone. Got the phone issue resolved but never did manage to get them to fix the edit problem. Now, for no reason that I can discern, any image I've uploaded since a few days ago won't show to the forum. Just a dead link.

Back