PIF Volunteers Needed

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys have really been getting into refurbing/rehabbing/rehandling/making, etc. lately. I'd like to enlist some help from you guys.
I've got (and continue to receive) tons of knives and materials. This is great practice and is fun as well.
If any of you guys are interested, either post here or PM me. I'm happy to ship you anything you'd be interested in working on, and we can deal with finding them homes later.
This PIF thing has become a lot more successful than I ever thought it would, I just wish I had more time to do the work. I'll keep on pushing 'em out, I'm just seeing if anyone wanted to gain some experience while helping someone in need.
thx, chris

I don't know of any specific skills I can contribute to the cause but if there is something I can do, let me know

Let me know what you've got. I don't have a ton of free time; I usually dedicate a half hour-late nights, a few days a week. I am running out of stuff to do as my kit is complete with sayas presently, lol.

I may have a few things lying around I could contribute as well....

I'm just getting started on this handle thing, but I'm willing to help. PM me and let me know if I can be of help and what we need to do to move forward.

Oh, and thanks for keeping this going:doublethumbsup:

Mikey

I'd like to help....but I have no tools nor skills. I do have some stuff to donate though!

If you have some old carbons to clean up, to reprofile, to sharpen, that's fine. No experience with handle replacement though.

I am definitely game, I will have to figure out a way to contact you. Unless you wanted to publicly post your email address....

Hellz yes, thanks guys!

I'll be in touch with everyone soon. Except for Kalaeb....
....actually I think I know a guy or 2 or 3 that could probably provide me with his email.
It's kinda funny that he's the first person I sent a box of free knives to! I never thought it would or could turn into something like this.

I would love to be involved in one capacity or the next, but I am also north of the boarder... :(

Do you still need PIFers?

I'm thinking of seriously getting into saya making as a hobby. I have enough quartersawn poplar to make a lot of saya (I think 40-50 BF).
I will hopefully be posting up pics of some saya before September, so that you can assess if my skills are worthy.

Latest posts

Back