Quantcast

Pizza stone just cracked

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

rahimlee54

Reaction score
Well my cheapo pizza stone just cracked after 5 years. I was wondering what pizza stone you guys would recommend, I usually bake bread once a week on it and pizza once a month or so.

Thanks
Jared

EdipisReks

Reaction score
i have this and i really like it. i bake bread and make pizza about as often as you do. i wish the stone were a little thicker, but it works great, and cordierite is super durable.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
chef depot has nice square ones, I use my big green egg stone in the oven

SpikeC

Reaction score
The BGE pizza stone costs too much but is very durable. I would not go cheap on one of these

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have two Fibraments; we've been very happy with them.

sachem allison

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my cheapo pizza stone just cracked after 5 years. I was wondering what pizza stone you guys would recommend, I usually bake bread once a week on it and pizza once a month or so.

Thanks
Jared
go to a tile supply place or home depot and get you a nice piece of slate tile 18" x 18" inexpensive and will never break. works awesome. you can have them cut it for you if need be.

cnochef

Reaction score
I have used a Pampered Chef pizza stone at 550 degrees in my oven for the last 6 years with no problems.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought one today, a Grillpro from my town's hardware store. It worked at 550 in my oven. It could probably be bigger and the accessories seemed a bit cheap.

k.

sw2geeks

Reaction score
I scored a great grill pizza stone a couple of months ago at a William Sanoma winter clearance. But honestly, pizza on parchment paper has worked great for me in the past.

Here is a link to a post I did using parchment paper instead of a stone on my Traeger pellet wood grill..

mikemac

Reaction score
I've used the "Old Stone" brand at home for probably 20 years....you won't go wrong with it.