Pls recommend Hamaguri gring 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlm46

Reaction score
I enjoy using my Ashi Ginga 180mm... Now I'm looking for a 240mm but with better edge retention. My top choice is actually Takada Hamono Suiboku b1 but its impossible to get one as its always out of stock. Can you recommend alternatives?

Suisin Honyaki or get the Watanabe before price increase.

BTW this is a kind of conflict of interest since I’m selling one in BST but I would recommend Kobayashi Kei, it is very much the ultimate laser grind, the convex is not as pronounce since it is so thin but convex nonetheless.

I would look for knives sharpened by Naohito Myojin. He has a number available now. Or, since you seem interested in Tanaka, you might look to the JNS version, which is excellent and on sale right now.

Second the Myojin - either under his own brand or Nakagawa x Myojin. Home Butcher had a sale code recently with some Myojin in stock which might still be valid. Check the “knife findings” thread for details or see Home Butcher on IG. I think Myojin is also doing a collab under the Tetsujin name.

Also I believe Takada is “Yohei” for Hitohira with Y Tanaka-forged, as in Hitohira Tanaka x Yohei. So if you like his work then check out that line as well.

Second the Myojin - either under his own brand or Nakagawa x Myojin. Home Butcher had a sale code recently with some Myojin in stock which might still be valid. Check the “knife findings” thread for details or see Home Butcher on IG. I think Myojin is also doing a collab under the Tetsujin name.

Also I believe Takada is “Yohei” for Hitohira with Y Tanaka-forged, as in Hitohira Tanaka x Yohei. So if you like his work then check out that line as well.
Thanks for this... I have a Hitohira Tanaka Kyuzo.... Now I'm interested at Tanaka x Yohei... Thank you

Suisin Honyaki or get the Watanabe before price increase.

BTW this is a kind of conflict of interest since I’m selling one in BST but I would recommend Kobayashi Kei, it is very much the ultimate laser grind, the convex is not as pronounce since it is so thin but convex nonetheless.
Thanks for the reco. I hear good things about kei Kobayashi...

I have a Wat 240... Enjoying the workhorse feel... puts a smile everytime I use it.

Latest posts

Back