Other Post your Menus Here

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope nobody minds, I'm interested in a place to post my dinner menus.

I make a dinner every week on Wednesday for 10-24 thirty-somethings, Happy to have others jump in and participate with either comments or your own menus

I often edit them as I go, if it seems wrong to you send me a pm or publicly castigate me for misuse of the forum!

Rick

Last edited:
Sorry, somebody came by with a problem!

Dinner for Kristi's Going Away Party
For 12

Appetizers
Prosciutto
Avocado Dip with Herbs and Peppers

First Course
Vegan Zha Jiang Mian

Vegetable Course
Fish Flavored Eggplant
Grilled Radicchio and Endive

Second Course
Monkfish with Saffron and Red Peppers on rice

Last edited:
Wed. Feb 12

Pre-gaming Valentine’s Day with Hunters chicken
10 people, 1 vegan

Also a note on Veg course... Even though I list them separately, they often are served with the main course. I kind of think of them as "vegan pressure relief valves"

Apps
Focaccia with anchovies and butter
Homemade quick pickles
Ajvar

First Course
arrugala fennel and orange salad

Veg
White Bean Stew
Bok Choy, Black Spicy Bean Sauce
Mapo tofu

Main
Chicken Cacciatore over Rice

Last edited:
zinfandel poached pear, goat cheese, watercress, frisee, pickled sweet peppers, roasted pumpkin seeds, watermelon radish, port wine vinaigrette

lobster bisque, brandy creme fraiche, fines herbes

seared coffee chile rubbed beef tenderloin, butter poached maine lobster tail, fried potato cake (w/ bacon, shallots, chives, sour cream), grilled asparagus trio (green/white/purple), bearnaise

tableside bananas foster with vanilla bean ice cream, strawberry chantilly, oreo crumble

This one changed so much, I'm not even gonna edit it. I'll probably come back to the brisket dinner again soon.

Anyway, Dinner for seven, Naomi's return

Apps
Pickled Daikon
Muhamarra on Ciabatti

First Course
Risotto with Borlotti and Mushrooms. Damn fine dish, made it with leftover hot pot broth

Vegetables
Tofu, Leek and Kale
Roast Baby Artichokes

Main Course
Roast Sea Bass. Got a real nice specimen, 3.5 lbs dressed, such a sweet fish. Did it on the bone, we got every piece of meat off that fish

Dessert
Walnuts drizzled with honey and dried banana chips

*DISCLAIMER not a chef or a full menu*

for VDAY:
baby broccoli Sauteed with butter and garlic
2" this porterhouse reverse sear method to med rare. i was lucky enough to get it pretty even med across the whole cut. normally i would have gone for a rib eye but the girlfriend loves filets so i thought this would be a good compromise.
Yukon gold potatoes sliced and cooked with a ranch seasoning packet/butter/milk/frash grated parmesan. i know this sounds Midwestern-trashy but its actually fantastic. and i hate ranch dressing.

edit: and desert, this local italian place makes this "Italian hangover cake" pound cake with copious amounts of booze in it. it was amazing. and made for a great end for our date night.

*DISCLAIMER not a chef or a full menu*

for VDAY:
baby broccoli Sauteed with butter and garlic
2" this porterhouse reverse sear method to med rare. i was lucky enough to get it pretty even med across the whole cut. normally i would have gone for a rib eye but the girlfriend loves filets so i thought this would be a good compromise.
Yukon gold potatoes sliced and cooked with a ranch seasoning packet/butter/milk/frash grated parmesan. i know this sounds Midwestern-trashy but its actually fantastic. and i hate ranch dressing.

edit: and desert, this local italian place makes this "Italian hangover cake" pound cake with copious amounts of booze in it. it was amazing. and made for a great end for our date night.
Anything with a lot of booze in the cake and a happy ending works for me!

Last night, dinner for ten. Found out at the last minute three non pork eaters.

Apps
Roast Sweet Potato Crescents
Taramosalata

Vegetables
Pickled Beets
Braised Leeks with Thyme
Carrot Salad with Cumin, Lemon and Mint
Urad Dal
White Rice

Main Course
Roast Pork Tenderloin
Steamed Chicken with Mushrooms, thanks Ms. Dunlop!

Skipped last week, one of the regulars took a turn as a guest chef. Was great, a LOT of playing!

This week: dinner for 12, 2 vegs

tuna pate
Okra

Polenta with amatriciani and mush on the side

brisket under pressure
Kerala cabbage
Tor dal
Rice
What's mush?

Shee-it, Haven't posted in this thread since March 11!

My gf's daughter and beau, are, I'm pretty sure, going to get engaged tonight at dinner, just the four of us so I decided to make a fancy dinner. He's been waiting for someone to be around to take a picture for his mother when he finally asks her(his mom lives in Shanghai)

Appetizers
Deviled Eggs with Salsa Verde
Grilled Chorizo with beans

First Course
Turkish Red Lentil Soup, my homage to BioNTech

Main
Grilled Strip Steak, one rare, one medium
Lemon Potatoes
Sauteed Spinach

Dessert
Yeah, got to come up with SOMETHING

Isolation Thanksgiving, 2020

I'm going to wheel a table out into the hallway and I've invited people from four other apartments in my building to come enjoy a thanksgiving buffet, sequentially. Just going to do appetizers and then a main course, too complicated for a first course. One of my neighbors has celiac, so I try as much as possible to minimize gluten (mostly)

Also, the bf hasn't yet proposed (see post above). I live right near the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, so I'm trying to get the kid to pop the q, bring his brand new fiance over and we turn Thanksgiving into their engagement party. Hope springs eternal, champagne quietly chills in the fridge.

Threw some links to recipes below

Appetizers

Salmon Rillettes-Tuna Pate (couldn't get smoked salmon)
Kale Stem "Hummus" with chickpea garnish
New Potatoes with Salsa Verde (italian style)
Foccacia
Zucchini rounds (gf)

Main Course
Roast Turkey
Maybe a little brisket
Kale, SunDried Tomato and Chickpea Salad
North African Style Carrots and Beets
Sweet Potatoes with Chaat Masala
Braised Lotus Roots (got a few Japanese neighbors) (Tamari)
Kohlrabi with LaoGanMa chile sauce
Sausage Apple and Walnut Dressing
MOROCCAN-STYLE CRANBERRY SAUCE

Desserts
All the neighbors are contributing.

Edit, Had 2 Japanese people (and 3 half-kids), 1 Indian and 2 guys from Shanghai (who didn't know each other) hence the "international" side dishes

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...-salad-sun-dried-tomato-vinaigrette-herb.htmlhttp://www.aveceric.com/all-recipes/salmon-rillettehttps://food52.com/recipes/36752-tara-duggan-s-chard-stalk-hummushttp://spindlesandspices.blogspot.com/2010/08/braised-lotus-root-renkon-kinpira.html

Last edited:
Isolation Hinamatsuri-3/5/21

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinamatsuri
Doing it a couple of days late because of the six year old's schedule. As before, set up in the hallway, everyone eats at home. I've got two families with kids on my hall, one has a Japanese mother, the other has a half Japanese father. This seems a natural.

Appetizers
Salmon Rilettes from Eric Ripert (I skipped it for thanksgiving)
Radishes with butter and salt
Sichuan Peanuts (out of a package)

First Course
Turkish Red Lentil Soup (just got my second jab last week!)

Main
Roast Side of Salmon with Salsa Verde
Okra Ohitashi
Glazed Turnips, Parsnips and Carrots (like Renkon Kinpira, see above) (the lotus root is traditional, but I didn't want to repeat)
Mushrooms in a Chinese Sand Pot (my buddy Paul just gifted me his well used sand pot, very excited)
Rice from the neighbors

Desserts
From the neighbors

Pandemic Passover

As always, served in the hallway, eaten socially distanced

Appetizers
Persian Charoset (maybe ashkanazi too, not sure. Actually, maybe Indian, Passover and Holi overlap this year)
Homemade Horseradish
Chicken livers

Soup
Zucchini Soup

Main
Roast Leg of Lamb
White beans with mirepoix and tomato sauce
Sauteed Fennel
Mollly's Kugel

Desserts by the neighbors

Finally, the vaccinated are actually going to be coming into my house!

Recipe links
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/matzo-kugel.46556/https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/sauteed-fennel-with-garlic.47835/https://www.jpost.com/food-index/the-ultimate-charoset-challenge-307101

Last edited:
Back