Prawn bisque/demi request

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eziemniak

Reaction score
Does anyone have a trusted, scalable recipe for a prawn bisque slash reduced stock slash pure wholesomeness that works in batches for big volume seafood place

Currently roasting prawns with stock veg, deglazing with wine, tom puree, saffron and fish stock, ground, sieve and optionally thicken.
I am looking to add some extra ompah/chicha/flavour there
Maybe XO?

Sounds like a good start to me.
I like adding in some roasted fennel, bonito flakes, and a little dry shiitake to add your umami.

Sounds like a good start to me.
I like adding in some roasted fennel, bonito flakes, and a little dry shiitake to add your umami.
I'm gonna try some fennel, the wild stuff is everywhere...
Bonito and maybe bottarga as well

The shrimp heads add buckets of flavor, cooked and squeezed, if you can source those separately you should not have trouble to get a whopping Bisque when you integrate the components already mentioned. Deglazing with cognac adding wine prior to reducing may also add some depth. I like mine concentrated but not exaggerating if you get wat I mean, it's a mouthfull already, probably why I like to add chicken stock more than fish stock.

perhaps some piment d'espelette or some smoked paprika over the finished product?

Back