• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Premium Wa-handle for 360mm Yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to re-handle a special honyaki yanagiba 360mm in length. Hit me up if you have an amazing handle to sell x
If you in US, yanagiknife.com have good handle, if you in AUSTRALIA, I think James would be the guy you want to contact, his handle & saya is very good quality.

If you in US, yanagiknife.com have good handle, if you in AUSTRALIA, I think James would be the guy you want to contact, his handle & saya is very good quality.
Yep I have James on the hunt already. Nothing in stock at the moment and maybe a couple months before anything that size comes in.
Will check yanagi though thanks!

I would decide where I want the balance point, and how much handle weight I need to get that.
A stabilized wood or very dense wood will help counterbalance a long heavy blade. You're in Oz so maybe an Ironbark handle. Ironbark sinks in water.

I would decide where I want the balance point, and how much handle weight I need to get that.
A stabilized wood or very dense wood will help counterbalance a long heavy blade. You're in Oz so maybe an Ironbark handle. Ironbark sinks in water.
Yeah it's a long heavy yanagi, at just over 5mm thick its 270gr without a handle.

What about one of the dudes down there doing cool work?
Mert, Metal Monkey, Black Lotus?
Something classic-inspired--all blackwood, mutliple silver (or mokume!) spacers + endcap?

Something like what PCP_Ken did lately, but maybe add a few additional very thin spacers and an endcap?
I like the looks of non-blingy handles on single-bevels.
1611360984870.png

Last edited:
Back