Presentation box pics please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BraisedorStewed

Reaction score
Hey all. The other day I got a call from my uncle looking for info about wooden knife storage. We discussed sayas and I directed him to some photos of some of my favorite stuff. He also was interested in some ideas for presentation boxes, I came across a few things, however if you guys have some favorites I would love to see some pics so I can direct him here to take a look. Thanks
Drew

Not as nice as the one above, but the best one that I got was a tanaka deba which came in a neat wooden box. Not my pic...but same box
195193706_o.jpg

The "ribs" inside the box are covered in leather and have hidden magnets that hold the knife in place.
IMG_7765.jpg

IMG_7772.jpg

sorry I don't have any on hand with the knife actually in the box, but I think that you get the idea.

There is a guy who makes presentation boxes for a lot of knives...forgot his name...I'll try to remember.

Thomas Blevins did one for Randy Haas recently, he has an Etsy store(that is a great site for finding guys doing decorative boxes and whatnot).

Justin: what is the wood on that handle? That is one beautiful knife!

That Rader and custom box is one of the sexiest combos i've seen in my life. Great pics also.

Thanks guys for the compliments and others for answering the questions. I'm glad that you all enjoyed the pics, but it wasnt my intention to hijack the thread... I blame Mr. Rader for making such distractingly good looking things....

My real point was that I believe a well designed and made box like this one is truly one of the best long term storage, transportation, and display solutions and I'd like to see them gain popularity.

Thanks guys, this looks like just what I need for my uncle.

BTW Justin how could a thread not be hijacked with that knife box combo.... WOW..... that is stupid gorgeous.

Drew

I do love making the boxes for you guys. And, I agree that they compliment the knives well. Unfortunately, I just have too many knife orders to fill right now... Sorry.

Actually, I keep checking out this thread to see if there is anyone here that likes making boxes... There might be a collaboration opportunity...

-M

I do love making the boxes for you guys. And, I agree that they compliment the knives well. Unfortunately, I just have too many knife orders to fill right now... Sorry.

Actually, I keep checking out this thread to see if there is anyone here that likes making boxes... There might be a collaboration opportunity...

-M

There are just too many double entendres in a thread about box.

k.

Latest posts

Back