Preserves - Jams - Jellies

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNewMexican

Reaction score
Fruit season is in full swing (apricots, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, pears). Unfortunately we missed the apricots and no apricot preserves this year. We are making raspberry preserves today, and need to find a good peach preserve recipe for the half bushel we purchased. Any suggestions?

What are your favorite preserves / jams and jellies? Recipes to share?

We made strawberry jam last month. The wife is going peach-picking this week and will make/ can peach butter (yeah, I will be the 'prepper'). She's also planning on apple butter next month.

My wife has a preserving business and a very popular combination of hers is peach and raspberry AKA “peach melba”

Generally we do 60-70% sugar depending on fruit sweetness and enough lemon juice to balance. She also does the cold plate in the freezer method to check the set

Thanks for the replies.......

Here's a few of the ones we have put away so far. Peach and Raspberry. I guess I should have read the previous post first and done the Peach Melba, Lol!:)

IMG_3291.JPG

Also have some pears staying cool in the cellar. Pear butter is the best!

Last edited:
Back