• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD [Price Drop]Couple nice blades for a new year sale - Spåre, Yohei, HVB, Isasmedjan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year, I got some nice stuff for sell, those are all great knives but just bit redundant or not to my taste, looking for new homes for them.

1. Hitohira Yohei 240 x 50 mm Blue#1 Gyuto
Bought from this gentleman at BST- WTS - Different iterations of Blue#1 Yoshikazu Tanaka for sale great knife, bit light for me. $520
Sold

2. Fredrik Spåre 220 x 52 mm ApexUltra Gyuto
Great little knife with a killer grind and steel, I just use his MCX more. Bought for 350 Euro include shipping, sell for $350.
Sold

3.Birch & Bevel 230 x 53mm Wrought iron cladded ApexUltra Gouty
Beautiful knife by Isasmedjan and Tobias Hangler, similar story as above, bought for $579, sell for $530 $520 $500! $480!

4.Hunter Valley Blade 245 x 54mm 1095 Gyuto by Mert Tansu
The legends are true, killer workhorse at a great price, but I just have too many knives with similar role. Bought for $442.75 at Homebutcher with the New Year discount, sell for $439 $420 $410! $400! $390!

Last edited:
It's a mistake for Fredrik Spåre to have a last name that can't be typed on non-Swedish keyboards. I have the same problem with my first name, but noone searches for me anyway.

Just added this for those who search for Spåre och Spare. :)

All great knives and really good prices. GLWS!

It's a mistake for Fredrik Spåre to have a last name that can't be typed on non-Swedish keyboards. I have the same problem with my first name, but noone searches for me anyway.

Just added this for those who search for Spåre och Spare. :)
Thank you, I copied from his Instagram but apparently imgur can't handle it, just edited.

Is the Birch & Bevel essentially same as the Spare? Or is the name just a coincidence? What type of steel is the Spare?

Curious, where's the balance point on the Isasmedjan x Hangler?
Around the maker's mark
IMG_9366.jpg

Is the Birch & Bevel essentially same as the Spare? Or is the name just a coincidence? What type of steel is the Spare?
Birch & Bevel is a brand started by ModernCooking, they got different European makers working for them, this specific one is by Jonas Johnsson aka Isasmedjan and the lamination is done by Tobias Hangler. Both BB and Spåre are in ApexUltra.

Around the maker's markView attachment 222268

Birch & Bevel is a brand started by ModernCooking, they got different European makers working for them, this specific one is by Jonas Johnsson aka Isasmedjan and the lamination is done by Tobias Hangler. Both BB and Spåre are in ApexUltra.
The balance on my 250mm version is pretty blade forward. This looks like it's right on the sweet spot to me. Personal preference of course, but pretty tempting.

Around the maker's markView attachment 222268

I have the 210 version of this knife, my favorite knife so far. GLWS!

Attachments

• 21DE7DFC-392C-4320-ABED-67E242D12E6C.jpeg
    21DE7DFC-392C-4320-ABED-67E242D12E6C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • A8B0E8AF-7489-4A51-A274-0792182541C4.jpeg
    A8B0E8AF-7489-4A51-A274-0792182541C4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back