• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Price drop - Mizuno Honyaki, Y. Tanaka, Mazaki, Togashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Oh, that old thing? I got it used, basically for the cost of shipping. The manufacturer screwed up and the steel now takes on all these funny off colors, and there’s this wavy line halfway up the blade that’s a fault in the steel. I figure I’ll use the knife till it breaks, just for kicks.”

“Oh, that old thing? I got it used, basically for the cost of shipping. The manufacturer screwed up and the steel now takes on all these funny off colors, and there’s this wavy line halfway up the blade that’s a fault in the steel. I figure I’ll use the knife till it breaks, just for kicks.”
I’m writing this down!😁

A member asked about the spine measurements on the Tanaka gyuto, so ill include them here...

No calipers, so these readings are by eye:
Above heel 2.9mm
Half way 1.95 - 2mm
Where wide bevel meets spine 1.8mm

I've attached a photo too, for what it's worth. There isn't a huge amount of distal taper on this, but tbh I think its pretty good considering how thin it is behind the edge.

Attachments

• 20200715_173823.jpg
    20200715_173823.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
Free bump for @Jacob_x , who is an awesome seller. Great communication and packages knives very well.

Super happy with my Mizuno Honyaki I picked up from him. Can't believe these beautiful knives are still here - somebody buy them!

Back