Priority Mail Delay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mphswitch

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have been waiting for my makoto kurosaki gyuto order sent via USPS Priority Mail. Sent May 7, last update is May 12 in transit to next facility, no update up to now. I understand the situation right now, but id like to ask if 2 weeks is too much for priority mail?

Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:
I know your pain. Everything international, going or coming, is moving very slow. I would guess on average, an additional 2 weeks per item. Don’t sweat it, the best tactic for me is to try to forget about it and then it will seem like a nice surprise. You can also sign up with your phone number to get an update when it moves.

Its not going internationally, i sent it to an address in los angeles california (a freight forwarder sending to my country)

Nice! I do that most of the time too haha... Forget about it and it will be a surprise once it arrives 😁

Good thing i insured it...

I have a package I sent like around March 25th. The last update was April 1st, which is quite ironic in a crappy sort of way. It’s now May 20th, no update and no delivery. I’m furious, but the gent who is still waiting for it is deservedly Outraged.

I ordered direct from Moritaka on March 26. My package got mailed on Apr 1. It arrived in the US on May 14, then my door yesterday.

Australia to the U.S. isn't very fast either...

May 21, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
May 19, 2020, 9:35 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 19, 2020, 8:07 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

Inbound Into Customs
May 13, 2020, 8:34 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
April 14, 2020, 11:11 am
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
April 14, 2020, 6:34 am
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
April 4, 2020, 10:12 am
Acceptance
AUSTRALIA

Australia to the U.S. isn't very fast either...

May 21, 2020
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
May 19, 2020, 9:35 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
May 19, 2020, 8:07 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

Inbound Into Customs
May 13, 2020, 8:34 am
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
April 14, 2020, 11:11 am
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
April 14, 2020, 6:34 am
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
April 4, 2020, 10:12 am
Acceptance
AUSTRALIA

This happened to me, and the post master told me that even though it said "your package is moving within the USPS network" it was actually still sitting in a customs building. I had even had a expected by date. it was "In Transit" for over a week... then it magically arrived with no other scans.

US Customs is typically allowed up to 45 days to process a package, and due to the virus that has been extended to over 60. It is a black hole, too -- USPS can't get any info while Customs has the package.

Things are definitely slower. A package I’m expecting was mailed out priority on Tues and as far as I can tell, is still in the city of origin. Don’t think I’ve seen that before with a domestic priority shipment.

Things are definitely slower. A package I’m expecting was mailed out priority on Tues and as far as I can tell, is still in the city of origin. Don’t think I’ve seen that before with a domestic priority shipment.

Yeah, mine still didnt change.. shipped out May 7, up to now no change in tracking, i think it is still in Louisiana saying in transit to destination.

Being domestic LA to CA priority its crazy that it hasnt moved yet... haha

So, apparently as of this morning it was last scanned in Baton Rouge, and now it’s on my doorstep with zero fanfare. Good luck with yours, OP.

Nice! Thats great to hear!

But did the status on your tracking update already or still the same in transit?

It updated. Went from “In transit from Baton Rouge Processing Facility” to “Out for Delivery” in Jamaica Plain, skipping to usual step of arriving in the Boston area distribution center, though, which confused me.

I checked my tracking just now and finally its been delivered. Here is how it looks. I sent this to a Philippine forwarding company located in Los Angeles and now i just have to wait for it to be delivered to my country haha... The things you'll do for a knife 😆

May 25, 2020, 12:56 pm
Delivered
LOS ANGELES, CA 90004
Your item was delivered at 12:56 pm on May 25, 2020 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90004. The item was signed for V VVV.
May 25, 2020, 12:17 pm
Arrived at Hub
LOS ANGELES, CA 90004
May 12, 2020
May 8, 2020, 12:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
NEW ORLEANS LA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 7, 2020, 11:21 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118

I checked my tracking just now and finally its been delivered. Here is how it looks. I sent this to a Philippine forwarding company located in Los Angeles and now i just have to wait for it to be delivered to my country haha... The things you'll do for a knife 😆

May 25, 2020, 12:56 pm
Delivered
LOS ANGELES, CA 90004
Your item was delivered at 12:56 pm on May 25, 2020 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90004. The item was signed for V VVV.
May 25, 2020, 12:17 pm
Arrived at Hub
LOS ANGELES, CA 90004
May 12, 2020
May 8, 2020, 12:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
NEW ORLEANS LA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 7, 2020, 11:21 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118
@ian how about the Sloth on this one, since, you know. There's no freaking ocean for it to drown in!

@ian how about the Sloth on this one, since, you know. There's no freaking ocean for it to drown in!

I did the calculation. Assuming the ground speed of a sloth is 5 ft/min (as sources say) and the sloth travelled 8 hrs a day, it would take it 11.4 years to get from New Orleans to LA. USPS for the win!

Back