• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Migoto Mini-Cleaver + Sujihiki, Morihei TF Fine Finish, Ashi FRKZ

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearhippo

Reaction score
Migoto Mini-Cleaver:

Blue #2 180mm x 80mm.
This is from the most recent batch released by Lee.
Selling as it's in a weird niche in my lineup where it doesn't see any use (i.e. used only a handful of times) as I already have smaller and full-size chuka.
Hasn't been sharpened (outside of the edge that Lee puts before shipment) but it does have an etch due to surface rust removal (long story re. the SO).

Photos are linked here due to limits re. # of photos per post.

Asking $400 USD shipped CONUS; not FCFS => looking to only bundle w/ another knife here for now.

Migoto White #1 Nakagawa x Kawakita Sujihiki:

Purchased recently but this is another "seems nice on paper but is never used" situation for me.
Used ~ five times for raw meat only (little patina).
Has not been sharpened (outside of Lee's work) but has been stropped once.

Paid ~ $440 w/o shipping => asking $380 shipped CONUS.

Morihei TF 135mm Fine Finish Petty:

This is a Fine Finish direct from Morihei and not a regular Morihei TF petty that has been touched up.
Used once and has not been sharpened or stropped.

Paid ~$300 USD, asking $200 USD shipped CONUS.

Ashi FRKZ Swedish Stainless 240mm Gyuto

Purchased from JCK here.
These are hammer forged (from bar stock) Ashi rather than the standard stamped variant and are more "work-horsey" as a result.
Great knife and I can understand why people love Ashi but I'm looking to downsize.
Used a handful of times and never sharpened or stropped.

Asking $350 $300 $280 shipped CONUS.

Attachments

• 204922-20221220-095910.jpg
    204922-20221220-095910.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230518_122527.jpg
    20230518_122527.jpg
    987 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230518_122600.jpg
    20230518_122600.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230518_122700.jpg
    20230518_122700.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230518_122716.jpg
    20230518_122716.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Bump, happy to offer discounts if bundled with any other knife (or knives) that I have up on BST.

Bumperoo; offering $20 off for all knives but the Halycon and $10 off the Halycon until the end of the week. Not in a rush (and happy to sit on these knives) but would like to move on from them before I head out of town next week.

Edit 1: Halycon is SPF. Halycon has been sold!

Last edited:
Can i get heel height and weight on that toyama?
It is technically sold to @veronajack although he sent the payment through F&F (of which I did not ask for but appreciate) and still hasn't provided an address to ship to. I've followed up twice now to no dice and so I'll fetch those measurements for you if it goes back up on the market in a day or so.

Can i get heel height and weight on that toyama?
Heel height measured in at about ~54mm on the dot and weight at 221 grams.

///

Bump. Toyama is back up on the market. Garage sale prices to remain as I'm feeling a bit generous as of late.

I wasn't pulling any scam!! I am an older disabled vet and sometimes I don't understand how everything works. I have been very unwell the last few days and couldn't get to my computer. I sent my address and can easily resend the $ right now. Let me know, really would like the Toyama.
Aww Jack, they were just joking about it being a scam.
I was thinking to pick this one up myself, but i think I'm gonna bow out

I wasn't pulling any scam!! I am an older disabled vet and sometimes I don't understand how everything works. I have been very unwell the last few days and couldn't get to my computer. I sent my address and can easily resend the $ right now. Let me know, really would like the Toyama.

Sorry man, we all understood it was a joke since what you did was pretty much the exact opposite of a scam. Hope you feel better soon and congrats on the new knife.

Bumperoo; offering $20 off for all knives but the Halycon and $10 off the Halycon until the end of the week. Not in a rush (and happy to sit on these knives) but would like to move on from them before I head out of town next week.

Edit 1: Halycon is SPF. Halycon has been sold!
Big thanks! Knife arrived quickly, in great condition. I gave it a quick touch up on a coti and am looking forward to some board time very soon.

Thread edit / documentation:

Heiji has been withdrawn for the time-being since I never really gave it a chance and it's currently at war with a Swedish Stainless Gyuto that I recently picked up 🤣. Do I keep both? Do I sell one? Do I sell both? I have no idea => TBD.

Garage sale prices above have been modified into the listing as they're here to stay.

Merging the Project Manaka thread as I'm tired of bumping two threads at this point.

//

Log for those who might visit this thread one day in the far future to price reference; separating to minimize clutter in the original post above.

Sold:

Halycon Forge 1.2519 Wrought Iron Gyuto:

Link
Helped coordinate this purchase for a mate, now selling this for him as it's a bit too long for his preference.
Used about a handful of times and never sharpened or stropped.
248mm x 56mm Kasumi "Workhorse"; further measurements are as listed in the product page above.
The bevels have already been stone worked on an ohira suita and there is a forged hollow to help with food release.
More photos below due to the file attachment limit.

Price new from Halycon was $900, paid $775 from BST new => asking a banger of a deal at $750 shipped CONUS.

Toyama Blue #2 SS 240mm Gyuto:

Used for ~7-8 dinners altogether but this isn't a keeper for me. Nothing much else to say that hasn't already been said on this forum.

Hasn't been stropped or sharpened yet.

Asking $400 $380 shipped CONUS.

Togashi 180mm White #1 SS Cleaver:

Great heat treat and confusingly good F&F for what it is (beveled spine akin to Konosuke FMs, eased + polished choil and smoothed face on the opposite end of the choil).
Hard knife to let go of as it's an absolute beauty aesthetically and in-use but ultimately a keeper in this form factor for me would have to be a custom.
Used a handful of times and stropped once but never sharpened.

Paid ~$420 USD post Protooling 5% discount, asking $360 $320 USD shipped CONUS.

Last edited:
do you hve pics on the Heiji? Height and weight would be helpful if possible
Oh d'oh it looks like I scrapped the previously attached photos to make way for when this post had more knives for sale. Here are the pictures again attached below. (There is a choil shot above as well; re. spine shot, I don't recall having taken one but I can fetch one when I get back to town.) In terms of measurements, it is at least ~52-53mm heel height with a weight of 235 grams.

Attachments

• 20230107_132520 (1).jpg
    20230107_132520 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230107_132458 (1).jpg
    20230107_132458 (1).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Bump and only the Manaka remains => price dropped to $360 shipped CONUS.

// Togashi 180mm Cleaver sold for asking + international shipping, withdrawing the Heiji to make way for another knife once I'm back in town.

Bump. Heiji and TF Petty are... back up on the market again as I can't make up my mind but alas I bought a new outdoor wok setup and so these regretfully have to go now 😂 .

Heiji has been price adjusted as I wasn't aware of the price via direct (merely a reflection of my cost from Japan-messer).
Manaka has been dropped a tad to my actual bare-bottom asking price of which I'll sit on until sold.

Back