Proposal: The misplaced curiosity Pass Around

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMan

Reaction score
Every now and then you just need to take a break, take a breath, and be thankful for what you’ve got.
How? By trying a weird knife with a keloid and holes in it that, in the almost-words of @ian, is a "mutant cousin" of the hook grind.

Ten people, ten bucks each, conus, random#-raffled at the end. (The knife costs $99, so the ten tenners will buy it.) Heavy-handed use of a green scrubbie is optional but encouraged.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...MI-urj5vXs7wIVsPLACh3TVw9MEAQYASABEgLu__D_BwE
1617825805600.png

FWIW, I'm serious. I actually do want to try this monument to technology and solutionism knife.
Let's get some more people on board. Stop rubbernecking. Like lotto, you gotta be in it to win it...

Is that speed bump supposed to keep you from cutting too quickly?
Kasumi training wheels.
Or a thinning prevention device.

Last edited:
We regret that due to technical challenges caused by new regulations in Europe, we can for the time being no longer accept orders from the European Union. :oops: are knives banned or what?

the snippet I posted was from the WS website, I wanted to see more about the blade as I was shellshocked....I also learned that stainless steel actually means that it resists staining, no ****:LOL:technology is so advanced these days,

the Wusthoff website does not show this knife, so it must be targeted to the US customers.

I am not sure I will be able to handle all the fun, pared with the aesthetical beauty and the guaranteed top notch performance of this next next next gen knife. So Ill have to pass, sadly.

That would be the knife that's made in the European Union? By a company that's based in the European Union?

Not allowed in Britain either. Since Brexit I’ve appointed myself to be the official customs officer in charge of knives (class: bumpy notched weirdness) and will be eagerly scanning the borders of this isle to stop such abominations reaching our shores.

TBH, it makes me a little bit sad to think that $250 might get spent buying and mailing this thing around.
Tell you what, I've got crappy little henckles that I picked up at a flea market for a $1. Why don't I just drill some holes in it and glue a piece of wire above the holes and save you guys a benjamin?

TBH, it makes me a little bit sad to think that $250 might get spent buying and mailing this thing around.
Tell you what, I've got crappy little henckles that I picked up at a flea market for a $1. Why don't I just drill some holes in it and glue a piece of wire above the holes and save you guys a benjamin?

Hey it’s not the same thing. The knife performs better when made under direction of someone that believes in it.

Someone did, because... well you can either be the company that would make something like that, either the one that never would. There’s no in between let’s-try-it-and-see situation here.

Wondering how the ridge for sharpening stone.
Looks like the ridge is not too close to blade, so sharpening angle doesn't have to be so steep.
I was looking at Zwilling's version of this knife. The knife has no holes and the ridge is much more close to blade.

Back