Question about Konosuke Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Tomaras

Reaction score
I have been looking at Konosuke's website, and at some stores where I can find them.. For the most part, I am seeing Gyutos only. The Konosuke site shows photos of Gyutos almost exclusively, and they do not have a list of knife shapes that they offer. I am wondering if they make Sujuhikis. Does anyone know more about their production and perhaps which are the stores that have the best selection (North America or Europe). Thanks!

https://www.toshoknifearts.com/products/konosuke-hd2-sujihiki-300mm-ho-wood-handle
They exist, I think tosho and ai & om regularly stock konosuke. I don’t have an HD2, but if you like stainless and a decently thin suji you might want to snap it up before it’s gone.

Looks like 2 different grinds in the examples shown. At 300mm thicker and stiffer might be nice.

Nice, thank you for the research and recommendation! Konosuke has so many attractive and enticing knife lines, it’s hard to choose… I just ordered some new pettys by different makers, both in Aogami Super with stainless cladding. I have not received them yet but I am super curious about this construction style. Seems like a winning formula.

This Dutch shop. are one of the few EU Kono retailers. The selection’s not always the most extensive, but there’s a nakiri and petty on there currently. You won‘t get the same range, but it should save you some tax and p&p

Nice, thank you for the research and recommendation! Konosuke has so many attractive and enticing knife lines, it’s hard to choose… I just ordered some new pettys by different makers, both in Aogami Super with stainless cladding. I have not received them yet but I am super curious about this construction style. Seems like a winning formula.
Np! Fit and finish are top notch, you won’t be disappointed. I can’t speak about the steel/ heat treat (blue 2) quite yet, but it sure takes a polished edge quite well

Foodgear.dk is also a retailer in the EU. Never bought from them, just seen them listed.

Good link (and some decent Konos on occasion). I would, however, counsel any buyer to do some quick conversions before purchasing - even those in Denmark may find it cheaper to order from Cutting Edge in the Uk or Voldemorttogo in the US (other retailers available), even with tax and P&P factored in.

I have been looking at Konosuke's website, and at some stores where I can find them.. For the most part, I am seeing Gyutos only. The Konosuke site shows photos of Gyutos almost exclusively, and they do not have a list of knife shapes that they offer. I am wondering if they make Sujuhikis. Does anyone know more about their production and perhaps which are the stores that have the best selection (North America or Europe). Thanks!
Voilà: Laser Lasermesser Laserknife Konosuke Mirror spiegelpolierte Klinge Santoku Messer - Japanische-Kochmesser

….it‘s a suisse shop of course

Back