Question for misono swed users

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking about picking up a misono swed. Looks like the lefty version w dragon are sold out. Are the right handed versions difficult to change to suit a left handed user? Is it as easy as changing the edge bevel? Or is the entire blade itself righty bias?
Thanks!

I should probably just grab a lefty without dragon engraving, but then some of the fun is lost.

With a 'normal' one the left face is almost flat, while the right one is convexed. The edge is off-centered to the left.
I you only change the edge expect heavy sticking to the left flat side. And serious steering and wedging issues after a few sharpenings.
Better have the one with the inverted geometry instead.

I've had a converted misono Swedish for over 10 years...it's been a faithful companion and seen heavy use in restaurant kitchens...it's cut everything from foie gras to cardboard...it was steeled over and over before I knew better...

Never had any problems other than the usual left hander trying to use a right handed knife...you learn to adapt...the way you hold it.. .the way you angle your wrist...

Many have mentioned reactivity...I never found that to be the case...

I've read over and over usually written by well intentioned righties and the occasional leftie that left handers can use right handed biased knives...and well we can...but you have to adapt...even so called ambidextrous knives with 50 50 usually have a right handed bias built in...hell... coffee cups have a built in bias...we learn early on to adapt to life...

If I were to buy it again...go left handed... you'll be able to experience what all the righties take for granted...

And now I'll stop... before this becomes a full fledged rant...

Take care.

Jeff

+1 for asking koki, I got mine awhile ago before the website upgrade, and at the time the lefty dragon could be purchased but had a lead time of up to several months, the non engraved versions could ship quickly. Not sure if the out of stock is a carryover from this?

Back