• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD RADER 5 STEEL INTEGRAL DAMASCUS GYUTO

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YG420

Reaction score
Up for sale is this great custom piece from Michael Rader. This is among my fave steel(s) ever. The edge retention is just insane and it sharpens up super easy. The balance on the knife is pretty much perfect to me, with the balance being right at the pinch grip. The handle is the best, most comfortable Ive ever come across. The integral bolster also feels great in use. Measures 229x52 and the spine is 5mm out of the integral bolster, 2mm midway, 1mm an inch from the tip, and features a sick distal taper. It weighs 221 grams so its not flimsy, but its not what I would call a workhorse type like kato, more like a midweight to me. Goes through food with ease, but the deep etch of the damascus can cause some sticking sometimes. Also, I was concerned about some lines I saw on the blade and asked Michael about it, and he said they were not cracks or delamination but were due to the 5 different steels etching at different rates, and not to worry about it, but if it does ever fail he'll make a new one. After working with Michael I'd take his word for it, hes a great guy. Ive been using it for about 2 years and its never been a problem at all. Comes with a custom saya he made, but pin is missing. Was a fave at home but used lighlty, probably touched up about 3-5 at the most and never lower than a shobu suita. Paid $1700+, selling for $1450 shipped in the CONUS, intl ill cover the first $20. Thanks for looking!
C6JmFkzSVaznjCRT3jSAw_zpsxpao3srp.jpg

StYJrxR06kcn2ora1w_zpsjsc5g8xs.jpg

WIRR9nQ5QFWeovwYJsMY3w_zps55qy2v7s.jpg

GuCmS4cdSBqo6PelJxbG5Q_zps8ekwiy1o.jpg

cOJGO9yXSiWYwpYn0niaQ_zpsrscme86o.jpg

XvLmu6rrRRaqBBi4lNAdYg_zpsdnc75n56.jpg

One of the lines (bottom middle):
j4MNRbqUQdem3ToIJFLY3A_zps5jdzhqx2.jpg

Left middle:
SLyWdYH6RzmNs8N3oreFqA_zpsbpcnvt5j.jpg

dSiViQvO3QmWnSZGThA_zpsqzd2woq1.jpg

YBDhC7XXRfyqYsoBXSY0sQ_zpsvv4s7jbf.jpg

Do you happen to know which 5 steels are in the blade?

For some reason the 7th photo isn't showing. Seems like an imp one

Latest posts

Back