• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Rader

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chuckles there's no shame on getting on his list. I just hopped back on after missing my 10" pear wood Gyuto, again the only knife I ever regret selling. I stick with the mono steel Rader's, although I'm tempted to have mine made with fossilized walrus handle like my boning knife.

Hope you find what you are looking for, they are great knives.

I got on his list a few years back but somehow my name never came up. Nothing against him, my understanding, from many that have dealt with him, is that he is a stand up guy. Knifeknerd’s PIF for example. I am fully capable of botching something like that on my own without realizing it. I have had two chefs knives and a santoku from him and I think all three were sold to cover car repairs. There’s got to be a fellow KKF member out there that needs a fuel pump or winter tires and hasn’t used their Rader petty in months....

I promise it would be going to a loving home!!

Knifeknerd was a fantastic contributor here. He would take castoff knives needing love and tune them and often rehandle them. Then he would give them away to members in need. The forum chipped in and bought him a custom Rader to pay back his generosity. The thread has to be around here somewhere.

I miss Knyfeknerd around here. He flew to Mpls once and we took a road trip to riot fest in Chicago. Great time.

Knifeknerd was a fantastic contributor here. He would take castoff knives needing love and tune them and often rehandle them. Then he would give them away to members in need. The forum chipped in and bought him a custom Rader to pay back his generosity. The thread has to be around here somewhere.

I miss Knyfeknerd around here. He flew to Mpls once and we took a road trip to riot fest in Chicago. Great time.
Damn, now that's a story. What a solid dude. Getting back to the roots of "this place is for cooks". Anyway, don't want to pull your thread too far away from the topic. Thanks for sharing.

Great Rader memories coming up in this thread! Here is Salty and his slicer in the wild with Mario photo bombing. Also a pic of the @stereo.pete boning knife from the same night. I also ran across an awesome pic of Pete passed out hard that night but will save that one for future blackmail.

EB04D969-71D4-4705-AF37-A43182B58A3B.jpeg
226CCD90-CEB8-41F9-9819-B66B127F0C37.jpeg

Last edited:
If you're looking to buy a new one, I would say send him a message on instagram and tell him about being on the list. He isn't a make one knife a month kinda guy. Also, about five years ago he got a new grinder, so his current knives would blow Salty's slicer away.

If I remember right Salty’s is junior smith era. From what I have seen Rader’s work has just been getting more and more refined over the years. Extra touches and details in every aspect of the build.

In fairness Chuckles - some trips still happen but not nearly as adventurous ... here are some pic's of a trip in Early Oct 2019 I went to meet up with Chef Al (Large) and go to Randy Haas ... grilled some beautiful leg O'lamb w/ asparagus, Al did an an awesome pulled pork and Randy + Co did all the rest ... sorry but pics of folks don't really hit my portfolio ... I realy love the hill billy wine glasses ...
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1715.JPG
IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG

Back