rag on foh thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any systems that are 2-way so you can electronically reply right back to the server who put in the ticket? If not, there should be. And the alert should be a buzzer that zaps them with a shock.
Yes. When they come into the kitchen, hurtling profanities sternly worded disappointment at them. Or something similar. Or the classic but declining usage of throwing stuff.

Oh. You’re excited to see how I do on the floor? You want to see if I can be so smart to remember the entire menu? I COOK IT, BXTCH. I HAVE TO KNOW THE MENU.

Expecting me to fail on that point means I was right to call you stupid. STUPID.

@#&!!*¥% FoH

GG had a rough Mother's Day!

I think we all did. Generally speaking, many servers piss me off....having time to hover at the pass, drinking coffee, waiting for their tickets to get plated, maybe going out for a smoke to ***** about only getting $250 in tips. Noticed a different dynamic yesterday. Because my spot has had such a hard time finding servers, FOH was really short staffed. They had the same frantic look on their face that I had. There were even....wait for it...beads of sweat on their brow! (though the dining room was a comfortable 72 while the kitchen was in the 90s on a cool day)

I found it fairly gratifying.

Da*m....I just looked at my post. Clearly I am KKF application challenged!

What I meant to do was....

@#&!!*¥% FoH

That is all

GG had a rough Mother's Day!

I think we all did. Generally speaking, many servers piss me off....having time to hover at the pass, drinking coffee, waiting for their tickets to get plated, maybe going out for a smoke to ***** about only getting $250 in tips. Noticed a different dynamic yesterday. Because my spot has had such a hard time finding servers, FOH was really short staffed. They had the same frantic look on their face that I had. There were even....wait for it...beads of sweat on their brow! (though the dining room was a comfortable 72 while the kitchen was in the 90s on a cool day)

I found it fairly gratifying.

Servers are the life source of any restaurant that seeks success. BOH is a place where people endlessly complain about the lives they don’t have and the jealousy of others.

All the restaurants I've worked at before this one, when we got busy the issue requiring engineering, tactics, and strategy was always getting the food cooking or cooked and having it come out at the right time. This place the issue is literally getting food that is finished to the customer (lot of takeout stuff). I'm moving expo to the takeout pizza side and that should fix most of it but man! Otoh my crew are the best at their jobs with the current menu of anyone I've ever had.

Spot I just left had the worst FOH Ive seen yet. Also craziest owner. They have a crew like 3x the size of the boh crew which has like 8 cooks. Food constantly dying in the window. Tickets rang in to wrong tables.
Servers who dont know meat temps, vegans who dont promote meat specials. FOH who dont know the meaning of ALL IN. It gets called 2-3 times a night then a ticket comes in a few minutes later when everythings broken down.

Only requirement to be hired is that they're attractive, most come from day club, pool, nightlife.

And I remember when we 1st opened the foh managers were spouting off about how they were gonna follow forbes service standards.

No on
Add ch
Hot
No glu
Veg
*See server
[/QUOTE]
Mmmm, no onions, add Chiles, hot-as in spicy, no gluten, vegan
How'd I do?

I heard a server complaining about how hot she was today while she was wearing a dress that probably only covered half of her body and polishing wine glasses. I was bouncing between line and dish-pit and actually sweating my balls off, like how can you be complaining about the heat when you are easily one of the most comfortable people in the kitchen. Like why do people in that situation stand to make more money than the cooks who actually allow them the opportunity to do what they do. Restaurants and cooks would exist without servers, servers would not exist without cooks, period.
I really don't hate servers, I just have a lot of pent up animosity because I get paid less than them to work AT LEAST just as hard.

I heard a server complaining about how hot she was today while she was wearing a dress that probably only covered half of her body and polishing wine glasses. I was bouncing between line and dish-pit and actually sweating my balls off, like how can you be complaining about the heat when you are easily one of the most comfortable people in the kitchen. Like why do people in that situation stand to make more money than the cooks who actually allow them the opportunity to do what they do. Restaurants and cooks would exist without servers, servers would not exist without cooks, period.
I really don't hate servers, I just have a lot of pent up animosity because I get paid less than them to work AT LEAST just as hard.
"Wow! It's hot in here. Isn't it <insert line cook name>?"

"<Death stares and daggers shooting out of every line cooks eyes> A LA VERGA!"

Last edited:
Back