Raicho knives as lasers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spend $200 on a vg-10 petty with a pakka wood handle?

......So I have a few bridges for sale in the Florida Keys.

I held the 240mm Gyuto in my hands a few months ago, but didn't actually use one. However, I can assure you that they are well-produced, light lasers made by the relative young (40) blacksmith Hiroki Kobayashi in Seki, Gifu Prefecture. He has a homepage which is completely in Japanese, but you might find the pictures of the different knives interesting anyway: 株式会社 礼頂 | こだわりの包丁
Kei Kobayashi is a different blacksmith, but also from Seki and born in 1977, so given the place, name and birthdate, I would speculate they're brothers?

Thanks, what made you say they are well produced and how do they compare to other lasers?

He has worked as a sharpener for many years, and it struck me as obvious that he puts lots of efforts into fit & finish - nothing fancy, but a flawless finish in all aspects (including a very beautiful box that the knives come in, but this is just a small plus alpha).
How do they compare to other lasers? Depends on what kind of laser you want to compare it to exactly, but they're not super thin lasers, but should be able to take a beating - although I don't know about chipping. Btw, completely forgot to mention that the ones I saw were R2 and not VG10...

Thanks, able to comment on the treatment of the actual blade or blacksmith?

Latest posts

Back