Ramblings about stuff and knife pics.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you see that ticking seconds watch in hand? it was released at a similar time to yours. now that was some engineering imo. but still i like my sapphire sandwich more. much more.

btw my buddy mille from norway wants to say hi with this song. he thinks we shouild all chill the F out somehow. and that we can F off. :)

Prefer the hesalite sandwich. Can't get past that milky ring of the sapphire crystal

hesalite is fukn plastic. whats better here. plastic or aluminum oxide?? i'd say alox each and every time. no fukn question about it. that plastic sh1t look slike sh1t in like 4 weeks. but somehow sapphire stays fresh for 200 years. is it just me??

the sapphire sandwich is the baddest ass watch omega has ever made imo. and they will never make one badder. next baddest ass one is the ti/gold/strap spcioal edition speedmaster but its quite far away if you ask me. its made for new rich kids. that have no taste. and they can have it imo.

cool. then I'm probably getting one of those.

today i'm kinda drunk and i feel like a viking. even though no vikings were from sweden. they were all norwgian/icelandic.

i start feeling like a viking at about 1:20

This is OT, but I’m curious: NO Vikings were from Sweden?

My memories of past history lessons and a quick google search say that Vikings came from all over what is now Scandinavia (minus what is now Finland) and actually travelled to Iceland from Norway and Britain and settled there ....

Is that disputed in Sweden? I’m really just curious, don’t want to insult your ancestry or country ;)

btw RDalman.

you who make knives. I can imagine you have tested a lot of steels. Do feel there is any real "practical difference" for the end user regarding edge holding/rust resistance/sharpenability(feeling on the stones) if we compare white / any uddeholm/swedish 1%C / the classics like 52100/o1??

is it all pretty much the same?

Lots of possible ifs and butts, but yes :)

E2D262F3-E2A2-47B2-AC0D-2B20CE902B07.jpeg
34EE70A9-CBBB-40D9-9602-4EE0D50F2C4C.jpeg

My memories of past history lessons and a quick google search say that Vikings came from all over what is now Scandinavia (minus what is now Finland) and actually travelled to Iceland from Norway and Britain and settled there ....

Is that disputed in Sweden? I’m really just curious, don’t want to insult your ancestry or country ;)

Nah, he's wrong, the Swedes were definitely what's called vikings back in the day.

Probably this:
znej1.jpg

... just a very versatile and comfortable no nonsense kitchen tool made out of great steel.

My fav knife so far, really worth the time and effort putting the knife through blood, sandpaper and stones to get my desired knife!

rQoaLmv.jpg

wXvNruZ.jpg

mVc6PrR.jpg

I'm firmly in the hesalite camp when it comes to the SMs. I can live without the display backs as well. I have two with sapphire crystals, and one of them has a display back; the first almost never gets worn, and the second gets worn a couple times/ month. My 'everyday' is hesalite and metal caseback. The only time I debated hesalite vs sapphire was when I bought a newish one to tuck away for my son. Since that time, I've picked up a handful more, and really developed a preference for hesalite. Sapphire is okay for the divers -- in fact, it is needed aesthetically to keep the overall thickness from being even more ridiculous.

Back