• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Rare Watanabe + Konosuke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipzaroy

Reaction score
I've been using shorter knives lately, so it's time to slowly let some of my 240s go. These two are pretty rare though, so it's been tough to fight my inner sentimental hoarder and let them go.

First is a 240 Konosuke Extra Tall HD Gyuto. One of the first J-Knives I ever purchased back in 2010-2012. Used only 2 times. Never sharpened by me, but it was given a quick spa treatment at JKI. I believe the handle material is either ebony or rosewood, and the shape is octagonal. Comes with saya. Asking $475 shipped.

Length: 238 mm
Height: 55 mm
Weight: 186 g

Next, a 240 Watanabe Stainless Clad Gyuto. *EDIT* I thought this the last 240 stainless clad gyuto Shinichi had sold, but I'm told he has resumed making them. Used lightly 2-3 times, never sharpened by me, and also recently touched up at JKI. The handle is a D shaped burnt chestnut, and I believe the steel is Blue (not sure on the exact type). Asking $520 shipped.

Length: 242 mm
Height: 55 mm
Weight: 202 g

Please feel free to message me with any questions!

Last edited:
I really should have checked before posting this. haha. Thanks for the heads up!

I was just told that this Wat (different handle though) is being sold for 440, so I'm lowering the cost. Lowered price: $420

Back