Razor stone x Purple heart

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

you.. you got any more of them rocks?
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one - real special stone this time from @refcast, unknown origin super fine barber hone.
61B1B8A3-B8E0-4C84-BBD6-0427438DA574.jpeg
8F09EA5A-2D7D-432D-BCC8-E5C1B6A84E23.jpeg
E8EAC375-5368-4E5B-AB9D-923B982C6D06.jpeg

The stone is heavily undercut and came with a great levelling base but I felt it deserved a nice special dai. Lots of holographic character from the wood, matches that little bit of pink splash in the rock itself. It’s one of the few stones I trust for the very top of the progression.

Last edited:
Nice. I have a love/hate relationship with purpleheart.
Is the stone affixed to the base at all?
I love the purple, don’t love the propensity for splintering and weird unseen grain changes.

It is fixed with epoxy so I can happily use all of the stone.

FWIW, I think this is one of the coolest projects on KKF. That includes polishing, handles, etc.

Love it. 👍
Much appreciated!

My budget mainly allows for weird shaped koppa, which generally require bases at my polishing skill level.

The beauty is it encompasses many things sharpening - stones, chisels, plane blades etc.. then circles back to the stones themselves. I find it super satisfying to use a freshly mounted stone to sharpen the tool for the next base, gauging full capability/usage. An automatic backloading side quest, if you may :).

Back