Recent work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Test etch on a 300mm ladder pattern suji. There is still some forge scale, not down to final thickness yet...
Picture1594.jpg

Picture1593.jpg

Will finish up like this one...
Picture1549.jpg

what are they? buckeye burl? honduran rosewood?

where did you "win" them? some crazy carnival for knife makers!?

i may have missed this, but do you make your own damascus or buy stock from someone?

Ebay tonight, I gotta find out what they are specifically, but had to have them.

Yes I forge my own damascus, except for the Damasteel it the recent knife.

what are they? buckeye burl? honduran rosewood?

where did you "win" them? some crazy carnival for knife makers!?

i may have missed this, but do you make your own damascus or buy stock from someone?

Just love the bottom two. Beautiful woods. Nice score, Pierre!

DarkHOeK

Those would make stellar handles for your knives Pierre! Cant wait to see what you do with them!!

I assume they come from Craig? He does have great stuff, and he also puts a lot of effort into preparing and presenting them. Can't go wrong with his material - but they come at a price...

Stefan

Those look like Craig Stevens to me. The first piece is spalted something:razz: The second looks kinda like a crazy piece of spalted maple burl I got from Craig on time, though it's probably something else. The third is buckeye burl, and the fourth is some sweet rosewood burl. Nice wood!

Here is a peek at where these knives come together... Sorry 'bout the mess :oops:
Picture1615.jpg

Hurmph. I could show show you mess! That is really quite a nice looking work space!

Pierre, did you take that elk? Its a dandy!

Jim, thats the little one, the big one was 10 7/8" and 11' around the base nice 6 X 7

Mr dinky, yes there are no end to the reminders of time limitations!

Those look like Craig Stevens to me. The first piece is spalted something:razz: The second looks kinda like a crazy piece of spalted maple burl I got from Craig on time, though it's probably something else. The third is buckeye burl, and the fourth is some sweet rosewood burl. Nice wood!

What is his ebay name?

craigstevensstudio

He has some of the very nicest wood I've ever seen. If you want to go on a drunken spending spree one night, "accidentally" buying a bunch of pieces from him is money well spent IMO

I've never had issues with anything I got from him. Highly recomended.

I read all the way back to the beggining of the thread and man those are looking good! I want to hear about and see more of that cleaver you have cooking. Is it damascus too?:biggrin2:

Hmmm, a damascus cleaver, great, another idea... Thanks a lot! The cleaver is CPM154, thin straight taper from spine to edge, and a full distal taper front to back, really slight belly.

Hmmm, a damascus cleaver, great, another idea... Thanks a lot! The cleaver is CPM154, thin straight taper from spine to edge, and a full distal taper front to back, really slight belly.

Sounds like a perfect recipe for a great slicing cleaver.

And I looked at his ebay store and already have 3 bids in. I looked through his completed auction too. He has some seriously nice and unique stuff. Hopefully I will end up with a piece!

I don't want to clutter up and get Pierre's thread even more off topic again, but have a look at the couple of pictures I posted In the "First Japanese knife" thread. B&W Ebony from craig stevens on a Hiromoto AS. They were enormously expensive scales... thank god they fit.

Back