Recommend me a gyuto (white/blue core, stainless clad)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best recommendation- if I had bought this knife first, I would not have spent so much money on others I barely use
You really use it so often, even with your new Kono? I saw the Nobo a few weeks ago at JNS and was hesitating to pull the trigger as I couldn’t find a lot of info on it.

Just search Toyama in these here forums and you will see a lot of threads raving about Toyama. Lots of threads or google - lots there as well

it’s listed under best makers alive today, tons of comparisons Between Wats and Toyama and more recently, a post comparing Mazaki to Toyama - you can guess who won

Just search Toyama in these here forums and you will see a lot of threads raving about Toyama. Lots of threads or google - lots there as well

it’s listed under best makers alive today, tons of comparisons Between Wats and Toyama and more recently, a post comparing Mazaki to Toyama - you can guess who won

Really disappointed I cannot find anywhere to buy these online.

😊😊glad you listed Watanabe - toyamanabe. I was going to mention JNS as the only place you get Toyama

But Watanabe comes darn close

MTC kitchen - has the perfect 210 stainless clad Watanabe - grab it now!

While it’s in stock

I almost want to buy one so I can actually compare to my stainless clad Toyama 240 from JNS

Sadly I ordered another knife from Watanabe, so MTac will have to wait

I bought a nakiri from Watanabe and paid extra for kasumi polishing. I'm still irked that what I received looks exactly like a Toyama but with different kanji. It's very thin and fully convexed, not the heftier wide bevel that Watanabe's kurouchi is known for. But it was cheaper than a Toyama, if that's what you're looking for.

Ok I might get the Hitohira Togashi... waiting for 210mm gyuto or ktip to get back in stock somewhere...

Ok I might get the Hitohira Togashi... waiting for 210mm gyuto or ktip to get back in stock somewhere...

You checked out the Watanabe 210 Gyuto on MTC? - 360

Also JNS should be getting the 210 Toyama back in stock in a couple of months maybe - if Togashi does not come through

You are most definitely looking at the right knives - making good decisions

Also, there are 2 Watanabe 210 Gyuto at AZ custom knives - one has that killer rosewood handle - but the other one is 375 - the fancy handle one is 425, but a beauty

You checked out the Watanabe 210 Gyuto on MTC? - 360

Also JNS should be getting the 210 Toyama back in stock in a couple of months maybe - if Togashi does not come through

You are most definitely looking at the right knives - making good decisions

This is the only 210 I see and it is out of stock?
https://mtckitchen.com/watanabe-blue-2-stainless-clad-gyuto-210mm-8-2/

Bought a watch from Spain a few weeks ago and it never arrived. Maybe it got lost at sea and got picked up by the covid bat. So I'm trying to avoid international shipping for a while.

Also, there are 2 Watanabe 210 Gyuto at AZ custom knives - one has that killer rosewood handle - but the other one is 375 - the fancy handle one is 425, but a beauty

I like the magnolia handle with black ferrule better. Not really a fan of dark handles. Got this bookmarked and will get it if I can no longer wait for the Hitohira Togashi. Actually I'm probably more likely to get the existing Hitohira 240mm gyuto before I get this though. I think the Hitohira looks so much nicer.

Back