[REVIEW] Bidinger: MagnaCut chef - 226mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Though relatively new to buying high-end knives I have been fortunate in having already owned work from many reputable makers:
  • Bidinger
  • Birgersson
  • Hangler
  • Heldqvist
  • Hyde Handmade
  • LaSeur
  • Lisch, Andrea
  • Loftus
  • Märtens
  • Spåre (Birch & Bevel, carbon gyuto)
I care more for aesthetics than my questions regarding performance belie, as Tyler Leach knows: I always ask him how additional knives he acquires perform relative to his Bazeses.

Once I asked Kamon by way of an Instagram DM who he thought made some of the best performers, to which that most opinionated and spry French sexual Tyrannosaurus replied, "Bidinger and birgersson come to mind spontaneously." Prior to his thoughts I had already owned work from both and had found them extremely performant, the Bidinger in fact already having become my "daily" (I don't cook much) driver. I never doubted that some knives may perform as well or even slightly better than those two, but it could not be by much: they both significantly outperformed very performant knives.

I was wrong. The Bidinger I received today is as close to a perfect knife for me as I now own. The handle is nicer visually and in hand than pictures lead one to believe. Halving an onion, I remember thinking, "HOW?"

It is my new default driver. Were I forced to keep only one knife, this would unquestionably be it, and were I allowed to buy another, I would immediately.

If you have a chance to buy Dan's work, do:
IMG_1414.jpg
IMG_1413.jpg
IMG_1412.jpg

Though relatively new to buying high-end knives I have been fortunate in having already owned work from many reputable makers:
  • Bidinger
  • Birgersson
  • Hangler
  • Heldqvist
  • Hyde Handmade
  • LaSeur
  • Lisch, Andrea
  • Loftus
  • Märtens
  • Spåre (Birch & Bevel, carbon gyuto)
I care more for aesthetics than my questions regarding performance belie, as Tyler Leach knows: I always ask him how additional knives he acquires perform relative to his Bazeses.

Once I asked Kamon by way of an Instagram DM who he thought made some of the best performers, to which that most opinionated and spry French sexual Tyrannosaurus replied, "Bidinger and birgersson come to mind spontaneously." Prior to his thoughts I had already owned work from both and had found them extremely performant, the Bidinger in fact already having become my "daily" (I don't cook much) driver. I never doubted that some knives may perform as well or even slightly better than those two, but it could not be by much: they both significantly outperformed very performant knives.

I was wrong. The Bidinger I received today is as close to a perfect knife for me as I now own. The handle is nicer visually and in hand than pictures lead one to believe. Halving an onion, I remember thinking, "HOW?"

It is my new default driver. Were I forced to keep only one knife, this would unquestionably be it, and were I allowed to buy another, I would immediately.

If you have a chance to buy Dan's work, do:
View attachment 241405View attachment 241406View attachment 241407

Sweet write up. Makes me that much more pumped to receive my Bidinger. I assume you meant Austrian and not French when referring to Kamon? Anyway, more importantly, please share pics of other knives listed.

Sweet write up. Makes me that much more pumped to receive my Bidinger. I assume you meant Austrian and not French when referring to Kamon? Anyway, more importantly, please share pics of other knives listed.
I think he means Kamon is sexually attracted to French, which is not uncommon for a Austrian.

Once I asked Kamon by way of an Instagram DM who he thought made some of the best performers, to which that most opinionated and spry French sexual Tyrannosaurus replied, "Bidinger and birgersson come to mind spontaneously."

I find it kind of unnecessary to offend Tyrannosaurs like that, but other than that - you're welcome 🙂.

Last edited:
Back